Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Bad news...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Bad news... 
    After talking with our group, and after exhaustive work on supply chain issues... there are 18 parts (out of 18,000) of EPIC-X that come from Japan. More specifically... northern Japan factories. If you are not brain dead and have been watching the news, you will understand that this is bad news.

We are late shipping EPIC for many reason up to now... mostly due to us. We have made changes, had no idea how difficult this project was... yada, yada. Now that we know what we are doing and are ready to rock, including building a complete production line in Irvine... this happens.

Ugh...

While we have a handful of production parts for EPIC-X and will deliver them before NAB as promised, we are now looking at how to make more EPIC-Ms available to EPIC-X customers because there will be a delay in EPIC-X production due to the "Japan-effect".

No one is more disappointed than me... I am spending a fortune in blood pressure medication. Really.

We still feel that we can deliver all EPIC-X orders by summer's end but it will be "back-end" weighted. April and May will be "light".

Life is short. Put yourself in a position doing what you were meant to do. Expect curveballs. They come. Do your best and take the consequences. I guess I am talking to myself...

I promised to be transparent. Mostly that is a good thing. Tonight I am depressed. But always willing to tell you the straight scoop.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Jim, don't sweat this one.
    Clint Lealos
    Director of Photography

Yeah, that's a forklift tattoo. I wasn't always a cinematographer :)

Hopefully no one is short-sighted enough to be mad at Red about this delay. Stuff happens. I'm all about going with the flow. I'll have my Epic-S when I have it :)

So is the plan to wait for those factories to get back online (if they get back online) or to search for replacement sources?

Senior Member Benoît-Joan Clariana-Roig's Avatar
    Don't take it for yourself. Take care.

Similar news for Scarlet Fixed ?
    BenJ - Operator/Colorist/Editor
    benoit.cr -at- hotmail.fr

Just take care of yourself. We can wait...
    PS : Just read my signature...
    Everyone is very occupied with tomorrow, next week, next month, next year.
    Just today, we forget to be happy. Every day again, be happy, today, be happy...
    The sunset was wonderful...
    e-vdh.be | info@e-vdh.be | Canon XL1, waited for RED Scarlet Fixed... Time for a new dream... but it was fun.

well I think we are not braindead and we have realised how big the impact of the japanese situation on production companies is ....... so no need to kill yourself with medication ....... solutions will come up ......
    menclik.at
    pre-production-post
    Vienna, Austria, Europe

The later you brake, the longer you're fast .......

Scarlet Dragon #4851

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Vanderhoydonks View Post
    Just take care of yourself. We can wait...
    PS : Just read my signature...
    nice signature .... worth to think about it .....
    menclik.at
    pre-production-post
    Vienna, Austria, Europe

The later you brake, the longer you're fast .......

Scarlet Dragon #4851

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I have to say, quite candidly, that there are days when I wonder if this is all worth it. The pain of pushing the limits. Doing something that no others would attempt. Tonight was it for me.

Then I went and turned on my EPIC. I needed to. Therapy. I picked it up and held it. I set it to 5K 2.4:1 at 120fps. I looked closely at the Matte box. Then the quick release. And the touchscreen... then I was OK.

Life is full of obstacles. They never end. The ones the get past them have the richest life.

I consider myself lucky.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Menclik View Post
    nice signature .... worth to think about it .....
    Thanks, makes me feel (more) relaxed... that's why I'm still can wait for THE RED Scarlet Fixed. ;-)
    Just today, we forget to be happy. Every day again, be happy, today, be happy...
    e-vdh.be | info@e-vdh.be | Canon XL1, waited for RED Scarlet Fixed... Time for a new dream... but it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    I picked it up and held it. I set it to 5K 2.4:1 at 120fps. I looked closely at the Matte box. Then the quick release. And the touchscreen... then I was OK.
    Jim
    Wait until you can see all the HAPPY faces @NAB when they can see a real EPIC and if they can hold it (Bodygaurds included) ...