Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Another update...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Another update... 
    EPIC-Ms will continue to be made given that the parts and pieces are available. EPIC-M are not full featured... but have most of what you want.

EPIC-X Stage 2 will ship a few before NAB, production will continue after a slight delay due to Japan supply chain issues end of April. All features will not be available for early EPIC-X and upgrades will come as they are enabled.

All orders for Stage 2 and 3 will be shipped before summer's end 2011 (this year).

Order taken for EPIC-X at NAB will be shipped by summer's end.

EPIC-S will beging production as soon as EPIC-X orders are filled.

Hope this helps you with your planning...

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Will Epic M be full featured at a later date as firmware and updates are available?
    thanks for updates....

Edit: asked for an M, but my serial is rather high at 1200 + any possibility to actually get one? emailed as requested last month, no reply, but assuming that i'm way up the list. thanks...
    John Friday
    La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico
    www.bajaproductions.com

EPIC M & 2X for 3d & Deep Epic Underwater Housing
    RED MX with SSD & Underwater Housing

Awesome! Your updates are always appreciated! :-)

Jono
    My website: www.fonefox.com for smartphone and tablet information and comparisons.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Friday View Post
    Will Epic M be full featured at a later date as firmware and updates are available?
    thanks for updates....

Edit: asked for an M, but my serial is rather high at 1200 + any possibility to actually get one? emailed as requested last month, no reply, but assuming that i'm way up the list. thanks...
    Of course EPIC-M will be updated to be full featured. All EPIC-M customers are being considered seriously and will be contacted as they roll out.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Friday View Post
    thanks for updates....

absolutely, Epic-Ms will share the same firmware as Epic-X when Epic-X starts to roll out.. features are being added weekly.

Email Kelly again so she knows you are on the Epic-M list.

Epic-M will start shipping again later next week as the dust settles on the big move to the new production facility in Irvine .

Thanks Jim!! This kind of guestimating Helps a LOT... even if it changes in 2 weeks. :) Communication is greatly appreciated for planning. Thank you again.
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Jim, thanks so much for the continued updates.

EPIC-S is a possibility here, but also would love to know more about Scarlet Fixed dates?

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post

Order taken for EPIC-X at NAB will be shipped by summer's end.

EPIC-S will beging production as soon as EPIC-X orders are filled.

Hope this helps you with your planning...

Jim
    Thanks Jim.

Clarification question #1: does "as soon as EPIC-X orders are filled" mean EPIC-X orders taken at NAB? Presumably people will continue to order EPIC-X cameras throughout this year and into the next...and EPIC-S would start shipping before that no?

Clarification question #2: EPIC-S will begin production as soon as... Does this entail a few months of getting up to speed with the production line, working kinks out of early EPIC-S prototypes, etc. or does it mean EPIC-S cameras will be shipping within something short, like a month, after production begins.

Regards and thanks for the updates.

Any news on the Epic-S front?(specs/price) Or are you reserving that for NAB?

Not to get bogged down on semantics but what does summer end mean? as up in Canada summer is rather short :)

Is serial 4000 epic stage 3 by mid june realistic (i'll even wear a Taylor Hall jersey as I know you guys like Edmonton)
    Best Regards

Aaron Bernakevitch
    www.4kfilmproduction.com
    Show Reel http://vimeo.com/9036753
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2331563/
    RED # 4455 "DUCHESS"

- Things usually work out better than you plan. When you`re shooting a film you`re so close to it, it rarely lives up to your expectations while you`re there. You always want it to be better, more perfect. When you see a cut, maybe two or three months later, you come to it fresh. It`s generally much better than you thought it would be" RD