Thread: MC5.5.1 AJA IoExpress Install Issues

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 MC5.5.1 AJA IoExpress Install Issues 
    Sorry about the double post but I thought this might be better in it's own thread.

We now have MC 5.5.1 and an AJA IoExpress but they won't play nice. Composer will see the RS422 of the Io but not video and audio I/O. Any suggestions?

Mac Pro 8 core, FCP installed (and running on Io fine). I installed MC 5.5.1 before the IoExpress. Any ideas? Should I reinstall MC?
    Cheers
    Bettsy

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Betts View Post
    Sorry about the double post but I thought this might be better in it's own thread.

We now have MC 5.5.1 and an AJA IoExpress but they won't play nice. Composer will see the RS422 of the Io but not video and audio I/O. Any suggestions?

Mac Pro 8 core, FCP installed (and running on Io fine). I installed MC 5.5.1 before the IoExpress. Any ideas? Should I reinstall MC?

Hey Shane

I've got 3 of these running and a 4th on order.

Did you download the latest drivers? A must-do for Avid.

http://www.aja.com/support/io/io-express.php

Also, I've had some problems with switching back and forth - sometimes you have to reboot when switching between FCP and Avid or Vice-versa. I don't think you need to reinstall MC.

Honestly, I haven't had any trouble at all. Wish I could offer more help!

Thanks Greg.

Yep, all sorted. Must have been a permissions thing. Cleaned permissions and reinstalled all over again and now it's working fine. AND MC5.5.1 plays R3Ds amazingly well in my limited tests.

I have found - we run at 1080p24 - that I've had to make my own FCP Easy Setup for the IoExpress but so far, no problems switching. It's a dream come true. Now we just need a Mac version of Lightworks and we're in editing heaven.

Time to get testing.
    Cheers
    Bettsy