Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Epic Q&A

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom.Wong View Post
    also has anybody put an epic through high temperatures and really hot/sunny days yet?
    Our third day on Spider-Man was a hot one. We had two cameras [of an older, hotter design] in rain bags at 48FPS baking in the sun all day long. It got HOT in that bag and the cameras never missed a beat... they weren't even close to being in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Laco Zamba View Post
    Is RED-DRIVE working with Epic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Lovett View Post
    What media is supported for firmware updates? Do I need to have a RedStation ssd with me all the time? or are there other options?
    As of today, SSDs are the only released recording method. RED has announced that there will be more... it's just that SSDs came first. And they rock.

Quote Originally Posted by rick youck View Post
    Just curious - how long does black shading take?
    This falls into that "early build" thing, I'll leave it alone for now.

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    Pretty sure it's 1/2 debayer - Stuart?

Playback is not enabled on the current build (that I have).
    It's a combination of a full debayer+scale especially for the camera but the end result is different than Rocket or sw debayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    anybody know?
    There was some talk of a "fibre to fibre" module here:

http://reduser.net/forum/showpost.ph...7&postcount=27

So possibility of linking the Redmote wired via fibre cable?

Curious if this is a module that will be in production alongside the Epic release or if its still in "design stage"?
    Red One
    Epic-M
    #221 #605

CHURCH BY THE GLADES

Coral Springs, Florida

Hey Albert, how's it goin'? Hoping to bring the first epic to Ft. Lauderdale soon.

i'm really talking just a simple wire from the redmote to the camera - no extra modules, please. For long distance I think we will have control over ethernet - which is very cool. May help in your studio application, but also very significant for remote operation for my underwater stuff, but for now I just want something that will be simple to operate at the housing. I imagine I can just mount it at the backplate (plastic so RF should penetrate fine) but that isn't the most convenient operation point.

A 2 foot cable would make life much better and of course a longer cable might help the jib people - without having to go to a computer setup for ethernet control.
    Save the Sharks
    Epic-W Helium 8K (For Rent) Original Manufacturer of Redone & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. Aero3D™ mirror/beamsplitter rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    Hey Albert, how's it goin'? Hoping to bring the first epic to Ft. Lauderdale soon.

i'm really talking just a simple wire from the redmote to the camera - no extra modules, please. For long distance I think we will have control over ethernet - which is very cool. May help in your studio application, but also very significant for remote operation for my underwater stuff, but for now I just want something that will be simple to operate at the housing. I imagine I can just mount it at the backplate (plastic so RF should penetrate fine) but that isn't the most convenient operation point.

A 2 foot cable would make life much better and of course a longer cable might help the jib people - without having to go to a computer setup for ethernet control.
    Going well! And can't wait for Epic to make its South Florida debut!

I do see how another module would probably not be ideal for underwater purposes seeing as you want as small an enclosure as possible. We currently have our studio setup designed for the ethernet control based on the specs that are currently available. Will be interesting to see what this ethernet control entails (Web-based management? Red-developed computer app? iPad control maybe?)
    Red One
    Epic-M
    #221 #605

CHURCH BY THE GLADES

Coral Springs, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Elsie N View Post
    Just curious... will it be possible to sync three cameras?
    Sure... you could sync 100 cameras. Since you can do it with a normal genlock signal, all you need is a sync generator and a distribution amplifier.

REDuser Sponsor
    Hi Brook!

Big fan of your work.

Question re: "Lookspace" or Viewing LUTs on Epic - of course I know this can and will change.

Is Redcolor 2/RedGamma 2 or Redlog/Redlogfilm implemented in camera as a default lookspace yet?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kanes View Post
    Hi Brook!

Big fan of your work.

Question re: "Lookspace" or Viewing LUTs on Epic - of course I know this can and will change.

Is Redcolor 2/RedGamma 2 or Redlog/Redlogfilm implemented in camera as a default lookspace yet?

Thanks!
    Yes to both.

Hey Brook.

1. This is probably too early since there is a lot more important stuff Red must be looking at first. But is there an option already to flip everything in the 5" monitor, image and readouts, so that you can mount it upside down with a short arm from the top cheese plate from ET?

2. I need to read the thread again to make sure I didn't miss it, but what framing guides are available? And can the look-around be made to appear darker on the monitor (hopefully user-selectable brightness)?
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

10. #50 Minimun Weight? 
    Senior Member Christian Munoz D's Avatar
    USA-Chile-Worldwide ----Red One & Epic Owner----
    Anyone knows the minimum weight of Epic without lens?

It am thinking to fly the Epic on the OktoKopter XL for nature filmmaking.

Christian Muñoz-Donoso

Equilibrio Films, LLC
    cmunoz at equilibriofilms dot com
    Studio: +1 646-397-9498
    Massachusetts, USA

www.ChristianMunozDonoso.com
    www.EquilibrioFilms.com
    www.WildViewSeries.org