Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Epic Q&A

Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Pollaro View Post
    What about the Red Brick would that not work either
    Red brick works fine with red's v-lock plate and adopter cable. That's my setup.

I'm pretty new to the Red game, so bear with me.

I'm looking to get an Epic for a small production company I run. We do a range of work from TVC's and music videos to corporate events and promotions (as well as a separate creative arm for shorts, etc). For us to make it worth it and get solid value out of it we would have to be able to use it occasionally for event work. In some cases that would mean recording 2-3 hour long presentation sessions as well as being able to pick it up and shoot quickly shoulder mounted. We currently use a mix of DSLR's and mid range cameras (FS700, F3s, EX1, etc).

So I guess my questions are:

1) Can the Epic handle long record times? It's not going to overheat on me or something is it?

2) What are some good value battery options? Like a v-mount plate and battery solution, that's pretty much what Redbricks are right?

3) We currently have a lot of Nikon lenses (although I could be persuaded to change up to Canon if people think it's the way to go), if I go with the Red Nikon mount will image stabilisation, etc work?

And that's about all for now...!

we updated our epic x camera with the latest firmware 3.3.14 and we have a problem of toggling into playback and preview. Whenever we press the playback button on the screen the frame gets frozen and it doesn't goes to playback . Do we have to update the firmware again ???

How is it possible to use a look file (or a LUT) applied to the image going out to the monitors? What softare is used to generate a look file? Thanks!

Hi,

Can i use Nikon G Lenses(no iris ring) on a Scarlet Canon Mount with a novoflex adaptator like this one with no problems of compatibility ? : http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B003NF1S28/r...productDetails

Best Regards,

Hi everybody!

so... I lost power during a shoot. Now I see the clips on my camera, but am getting an error when I try to playback. It is... How shall we say... Important for me to get the clips. What can I do? I haven't tried to mount the card and play on my computer yet.

thanks,
    aemilia
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.facebook.com/bestifusedbyfilm
    www.aemiliascottfilms.com
    an Epic-X named Penelope

What is current epic owners and prospective epic owners view on the future of epic with the dragon out now, is it still top of the line with the MX sensor? I am about to invest in an epic, if I could afford to I would go dragon, does it have another two years in it?
    RED Epic Dragon #03820
    http://www.jordanbuck.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Buck View Post
    What is current epic owners and prospective epic owners view on the future of epic with the dragon out now, is it still top of the line with the MX sensor? I am about to invest in an epic, if I could afford to I would go dragon, does it have another two years in it?
    Go for it. I have been grading stuff I shot on the Red One over 6 years ago and it is amazing. The Epic will be viable for at least 5 more years.
    A Peter Strietmann
    plaidass1@mac.com
    [url]https://peterstrietmann.com

"Read or bleed people, learn or burn."

Hi all I have a quick question regarding looks.

Is it possible to create a look and put it on the camera so it appears on the monitor without affecting the R3D file (in other words it stays flat or 'raw')

Thanks in advance

yes
    nothing on the camera is baked in.. its always shooting raw
    Zakaree Sandberg
    Zakaree@Gmail.com
    Cinematographer / Local 600 DIT
    RED MX - 1015