Thread: Bug - Beta10. No Audio In Export

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Bug - Beta10. No Audio In Export 
    This Bug is simple. I synced a clip with audio, placed it in a timeline and exported the clip from the timeline. In the rendered clip there is no audio in the MOV.

Codecs used: ProRes 422HQ and ProRes 4444.

When selecting audio in the export menu I get a separate audio file which I suspect is as designed.

MacPro8, NO Redrocket, Storm Beta10

Hans

REDuser Sponsor
    Hi Hans, did you sync with a WAV file? It should copy the high quality WAV to the output location rather than use the Audio from the original clip.

thanks,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan A View Post
    Hi Hans, did you sync with a WAV file?

thanks,
    Dan
    Yes.

I assumed that the sound information of the WAV file will be wrapped into the QT wrapper. Is it the current way of rendering and adding the corresponding file later in post as designed? Then I need a FCP XML for conforming in FCP or elsewhere. Otherwise I have to re-sync all again.

I'm wondering wether the current way is the best way. It does make sense for postproduction, not so much for generating dailies for review.

Do I miss something here?

Hans

REDuser Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans von Sonntag View Post
    Yes.

I assumed that the sound information of the WAV file will be wrapped into the QT wrapper. Is it the current way of rendering and adding the corresponding file later in post as designed? Then I need a FCP XML for conforming in FCP or elsewhere. Otherwise I have to re-sync all again.

I'm wondering wether the current way is the best way. It does make sense for postproduction, not so much for generating dailies for review.

Do I miss something here?

Hans
    Hi Hans, I'm inclined to agree. I'll check with the other members in the team just in case I have missed something. I'll log this as a feature request as required.

thanks,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan A View Post
    Hi Hans, I'm inclined to agree. I'll check with the other members in the team just in case I have missed something. I'll log this as a feature request as required.

thanks,
    Dan
    In the moment I'm investigating the release build 1.0 and wether it already fits in our workflow needs.

Besides a bug in the render/XML transfer to FCP regarding audio sync (I'll will file that later) I recon that the option to include audio in the QT wrapper is not only nice to have but should be the primary way of syncing audio. This is a must-have feature, IMO.

Regards,

Hans