Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: 3D is a Nazi invention

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
    LOL! Roger Ebert - not exactly a big fan of 3D - pointed me to this, and of course the first shot was bratwurst.

Does this mean the death of modern 3D? now whenever anyone goes on about how wonderful Green Hornet 3D was I can say '3D? The Nazis were big fans. You're not a Nazi are you? No? Then you can't like 3D.

Whole article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/...lms-discovered

Frank
    Just to be clear and a little more careful you state Roger Ebert, pointed you to the article? Is that a personal communication or a public blog or something?

There are several dynamic S-3d pre-cursors, for example William Friese-Greene (a good Brit) and cinematic pioneer filled a patent for a 3-D movie process in the 1890s.

I find it hard to believe that even Roger Ebert is making that kind of connotation? He IS entitled to his opinion, but I find hard to believe that that was the sentiment; he’s not that stupid?

By extension, the same “pretzel” logic would dictate that half the people that drive Mercedes or BMW (on the east coast) that by moral right should have their vehicles crushed into a cube by their own volition?

Moreover Zeiss used to make terrific tank and artillery gun sites during WWII. In fact they were so good that the allies traded through Switzerland to acquire large numbers of these units while the war was actually going on. So by this logic we must never use Arri Master Primes for 2d work???

Things are not black or white, and when you throw into the mix the “moral loyalty” of various technologies, then things really become patently absurd.

As fascinating as "this topic" might seem to some, this is not the place for this.

With friendly wishes and understanding, I respectfully submit that this thread should be withdrawn as it is a total train wreck of sensibilities; I don’t see any positive value in this at all regardless of where one’s sensibilities lie. Honestly.

With Sincere and Good Wishes,

Eric Lange

Lots of great research and technology was developed during the Nazi years, rocketry, encryption, weaponry... and apparently 3D tech.

Oh well. We don't say, "Oh no the missiles we drop on terror suspects are built with technology from the Nazi regime we should abandon this." In fact America recruited Nazi scientists.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

Quote Originally Posted by noahvolek View Post
    Lots of great research and technology was developed during the Nazi years, rocketry, encryption, weaponry... and apparently 3D tech.
    This is the reality of how things good and bad breed progress. Someday we may look back and say all the soldiers injured and maimed in today's wars may have pushed the timeframe for Singularity ahead by decades.
    One camera is a shoot... two or more is a production...
    Chrysalis... shooting 2015
    L.C. (Elsie) N., dba nelloProductions, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by noahvolek View Post

Oh well. We don't say, "Oh no the missiles we drop on terror suspects are built with technology from the Nazi regime we should abandon this." In fact America recruited Nazi scientists.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip
    The "Faustian" Von Braun connection is well understood.

I promise you no good can come of this discussion; there are no good angles or premises for this one.

I say please pull the plug on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lange View Post
    I say please pull the plug on this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Nattress View Post
    Godwin's Law has been invoked....
    I'm all for challenging outdated concepts and having thought provoking discussion but I agree with Eric and Graeme. Based on Godwin's Law this thread ended at the first post.

The thread is mute.

Agreed that no good can come from this thread. Nothing to see here. Move on...