Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Underwater Bubble Blowin' Users Group

Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Ken,
    You told me once to shout out amongst the rafters about that which I could offer the world. I understood that and shouted, I was heard. Hope you got that mail too.......if not no worries. Last time I need to write if that is the issue. The world offers more than commiserations on a chat board.

Best,
    Mark.
    "A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live"

liquidmocean

Just thought I would share this. Posted on 'Off Topic" too but seeing as it relates to the Bubble Blowers in general thought I'd steer you.

Cheers,
    Mark.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5522

liquidmocean

Congratulations Mark - it'll be 4K next year!
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Banned
    Mark,

Congrats - very impressive. Look forward to seeing your 4K RED version next year.

Sharky

Congratulations Mark. Looking forward to seeing you out here in South Africa. Lots of 4k possibilities here.

Russ and Cindy
    Russell Campbell
    Epic Dragons, RED One MX
    www.oceansenseproductions.com

6. #486 RED U/W DEMA Show this week plus 3D underwater 
    DEMA (Dive Equipment & Marketing Association) show is this week in Orlando Oct. 31. Nov 3 (Wednesday to Saturday)

We were supposed to have a shoot this week, so didn't reserve a booth but RED delays changed that so I will be sharing some space at Booth 1083.

Ken (sharkguy) is supposed to be sending me the proto Red U/W housing that he has been using in the past month so you can see it there (or in the new products showcase if we can get a space.

I'll be at the Ocean Realm Society & Journal: Booth 1083
    or roaming the isles. (going to try to finalize who's glass dome we want to use) You can also contact me on my cell at 954 937 6600.

Also, another of my customers is doing some cool 3D underwater stuff they did with two Canon HV-20s and they have a booth where they will be showing it.

Jacoby Group 594

There are some really interesting things happen with 3D - Texas Instruments is using their DLP and LCD technology to create really stunning polarized type 3d on the new big screen TVs from Samsung and Mitsubishi. They have made it very simple/plug and play - and very cost effective.

Gates will be there too so I'm sure you can quiz them about their red system too.
    Gates Underwater Products, Inc. booth 1367

I know they are the competition but reduser is all about the info.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Hi all!
    I have been a "lurker" on this forum for about six months, but I am approaching the final decision whereas to buy the red and house it, and I have a few questions to the info already posted. For me the most important thing in a housing is the optics (quality and versaility). Besides that durability, ergonomics and price of the system.
    As far as I can see (correct me if Im wrong) there seems to be two serious housing manufacturers here on the forum, Aquavideo and Gates.
    To summarize my impressions of these two (and I know its DEMA today and there will surely be updates in the days to come):
    Optics:
    Aquavideo have stated that they will use Aquatica still ports for their red housing. The Aquatica optics should transmit high enough resolution for red and allows for a number of different setups.
    Gates have their own optics but these have to my knowledge only been used at resolutions up to HD.
    Durability:
    Aquavideo has two materials to choose from. The alu version will probably be sufficient for hard work over a long time period.
    Gates are well known for their "bulletproof design".
    Ergonomics:
    Dont know the specs from Aquavideo here, other than they will use an interface based on the Birger mount for lens operation.
    Gates have teamed up with Howard Hall, perhaps the most well known UW cameraman out there, so the ergonomics should be excellent.
    Price:
    Aquavideo (alu) housing with everything (excluding ports) is around US$10 000.
    Gates have yet to publish any pricing info.

So with the current information available, Aquavideo seems to be the better option.
    I would like to get more info from Aquavideo re ergonomics
    I would also like to get more info from Gates re optics, ergonomisc, price.

Another thing Im also wondering is if ther is a possibility to get different port systems adapted to these housings? There are a number of high quality optics for stills out there (eg Nexus, Subal, Seacam etc) and it would be nice to be able to any one of these lineups (and stick with it). I must say Id like the Nexus lineup myself.

Thanks for any feedback!
    Btw, congrats on the great result Mark!!

Gisle K. Sverdrup, Norway

just for refrence check out www.tide-line.com see what you think.
    ps thanks for all the great info
    Andre Mortimer
    eqnz@xtra.co.nz

www.eqnz.com
    www.tide-line.com

Very nice indeed. Have emailed.

liquidmocean

Latest is online.....The Majesty of Muck, shot with the Z1.

www.camdiver.blogspot.com

Cheers,
    Mark.

liquidmocean