Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC-S (old Scarlet S35) update...

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Saxon View Post
    $3750 for 2/3", $12000+ for Epic-S...seems like there's room for something between these two...
    there will be...used non-MXed and MX-ed RED ONES will undoubtedly drop below the EPIC-S, when it is released and you'll be able to buy a lot of camera for the buck, at that point. still an amazing imaging system.

Jim,
    Happy new year to you!

So if full ramp up will be around NAB, do you envision that Stage 4 EPIC, will be available around June?

Thanks for all your work.

Steve
    REDucated at REDUCATION #003 // TA @ REDucation UK 2011 - 2014
    EPIC-X #1412 "Futurist"

Web: www.futuristfilm.com / www.futuristdigital.com
    Twitter: futuristfilm / 5KFuturist

Even so we believe not to be purchasing any Epic-S, I believe this is a very smart and good move on Red's part.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    If any of you ever want the challenge of your life... build an electronic camera. And make sure it has better specs than anything ever on the market. Then put it in a box smaller than anyone deems sane.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    If any of you ever want the challenge of your life... build an electronic camera. And make sure it has better specs than anything ever on the market. Then put it in a box smaller than anyone deems sane.
    wish I had the money to throw at that challenge. But there again, your so good at what you and your team do, why bother ;-)
    REDucated at REDUCATION #003 // TA @ REDucation UK 2011 - 2014
    EPIC-X #1412 "Futurist"

Web: www.futuristfilm.com / www.futuristdigital.com
    Twitter: futuristfilm / 5KFuturist

How can one get in line for one of those May produced epic-s? I want one so bad. Also hoping our red one gets to epic-x around then as well.

Jim - Thanks for the great information about the Epic timeline. I certainly hope to move up to Epic-S over time but I will definitely start my RED ownership with a Scarlet Fixed. (I love the fact that my Scarlet modules will work with the Epic, allowing me an easier path upward.)

So, a couple of questions, if I might: can you give us any new info on the Scarlet 2/3 cameras? Where are you in setting up that production line? Will it be in the US or have you found a supplier overseas yet? Originally, you said the Fixed was first, then the 2/3" interchangeable (before the Scarlet S35/now Epic-S). Is that still true and, if so, can we interpolate delivery dates as starting some time this Spring (pre-NAB)? I respect that you no longer want to "think out loud" in this forum but would love to hear anything about the Scarlets that you feel comfortable posting.

And Happy New Year!!

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry VerHaar View Post
    Jim - Thanks for the great information about the Epic timeline. I certainly hope to move up to Epic-S over time but I will definitely start my RED ownership with a Scarlet Fixed. (I love the fact that my Scarlet modules will work with the Epic, allowing me an easier path upward.)

So, a couple of questions, if I might: can you give us any new info on the Scarlet 2/3 cameras? Where are you in setting up that production line? Will it be in the US or have you found a supplier overseas yet? Originally, you said the Fixed was first, then the 2/3" interchangeable (before the Scarlet S35/now Epic-S). Is that still true and, if so, can we interpolate delivery dates as starting some time this Spring (pre-NAB)? I respect that you no longer want to "think out loud" in this forum but would love to hear anything about the Scarlets that you feel comfortable posting.

And Happy New Year!!
    Scarlet will have its own thread...

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Scarlet will have its own thread...

Jim
    Can't wait. Thanks!!

Outstanding!!!!

Now if the idea I came up with yesterday can come to fruition, I could be shooting 120FPS in literally WEEKS!!!!

Thank you Jim & crew. Truly and interesting time to be alive and in the middle of this!
    Epic-X #1763, "Phase III"

Red #6732, "Dunsmore"
    (Dunsmore, Scottish Heritage)

www.squawthedocumentary.com

www.projectarbiter.com