Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC-S (old Scarlet S35) update...

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
    will there be a weight differential?

are these chassis identical enough to shot an -S and an -X in a 3D config? I'm guessing the answer is yes...
    A couple of ounces different.

You can shoot them both in a 3D rig IF you stay at constrained resolution/frame rate/compression settings.

Any reasonable budget project will want EPIC-X so they don't have to think about the constraints.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Frates View Post
    So should I really wait for Epic, or if 5K Mysterium X is good enough for me, just buy a used Red One MX?
    RED ONE is 4.5K - it won't have higher frame rates, data rates, it won't be as mobile, and it won't have HDR

If you don't feel you will miss these things, by all means, buy a used MXed RED ONE - it is still best-of-breed for many applications and will probably be ahead of or at least in line with the rest of the pack for a long time to come. Its main competition will be its big brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    A couple of ounces different.

You can shoot them both in a 3D rig IF you stay at constrained resolution/frame rate/compression settings.

Jim
    thank you, Jim.

Very gad to see US production, look forward to renting soon...

5. #35 Epic M or Epic X? 
    Quote Originally Posted by sandro-bachmann View Post
    AWESOME NEWS

Jim, does this mean, that even People on stage 3, and with high numbers, such as (6000-8000) will have there EPIC-X shipped around May?

thanks
    Yes, I'd also love to know about this as it could mean the difference between going for an Epic M ( if I was elligible ) or an Epic X, if it looked like an Epic X delivery in 2012 for those high numbers. Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    Shawn, I assure you - what Jim said is true. And being able to choose less compression for shots with high detail is a major thing. Epic-S sounds like an amazing bargin - but I'll take as many Ms + Xs and I can get.
    That's what I wanted to hear, because that's where my marbles are. thanks Mark, happy new year and may the next 364 days of 2011 be blissful!
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

$3750 for 2/3", $12000+ for Epic-S...seems like there's room for something between these two...

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Hall View Post
    $12k. That just made my day:)
    More like that just made my..year..or my last 2 years :)

Banned
    At the beginning there was a prevision of about 50 Epic-M produced. Does any one know how many Epic-M will be actually produced before launching the Epic-X line?

Thanks

Pat

Senior Member Jean Pierre Schoch's Avatar
    I have the same question.
    and Jim if the answer is yes, when we will know some more details about Stage 3 program?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandro-bachmann View Post
    AWESOME NEWS

Jim, does this mean, that even People on stage 3, and with high numbers, such as (6000-8000) will have there EPIC-X shipped around May?

thanks