Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: $100K REWARD...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 $100K REWARD... 
    While it is not usually our position to offer rewards for our customers stolen property, this one is an exception. EPIC #00006 is truly a historic camera. It is the very 1st EPIC shipped to one of our customers and the way it was taken irritates me no end.

We are now offering $100,000 for the safe return of EPIC #00006 and the rest of the system including the media with Mark's files... and the arrest and conviction of those that broke into Mark's chalet in France. We will ONLY pay this amount if there is an arrest and conviction of the parties as we are not interested to be ransomed by thieves.

If you have any information regarding the theft, the location of Mark's property or any details that might solve this case, please contact anyone at RED and they will make sure I hear about it.

Posting information on REDUSER is NOT a good idea for several reasons, including your own safety. Please do NOT post any information you have obtained. Any post we see on REDUSER regarding information on this case will be deleted.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The unthinkable has just happened. Mark's chalet was broken into while they were sleeping and EPIC 0006 was stolen along with cash. Mark is at the Police Station right now in Meribel, France.

The family is safe and no one was hurt.

This is a tight community. We need your help. Keep your eyes and ears open for any news, tips or details about an EPIC floating around. An EPIC is a hard thing to circulate since there is only one in the world.

Please contact anyone at RED if you hear of anything.

Of course Mark is heartbroken. So are we.

Jim
    Last edited by Jannard; 12-31-2010 at 12:37 PM.
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

A photo of the stolen camera.

Like people on this forum need the $100K for motivation in finding Mark's Epic. But I'm sure now people will be a little more on this.
    Check out my new timelapse reel "Journey Part 1" https://vimeo.com/80871338

Custom Timelapse Shots using Epic and the 5D3
    http://599productions.com

Impressive. Talk about kick ass support.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    While it is not usually our position to offer rewards for our customers stolen property, this one is an exception. EPIC #00006 is truly a historic camera. It is the very 1st EPIC shipped to one of our customers and the way it was taken irritates me no end.

We are now offering $100,000 for the safe return of EPIC #00006 and the rest of the system including the media with Mark's files... and the arrest and conviction of those that broke into Mark's chalet in France. We will ONLY pay this amount if there is an arrest and conviction of the parties as we are not interested to be ransomed by thieves.

If you have any information regarding the theft, the location of Mark's property or any details that might solve this case, please contact anyone at RED and they will make sure I hear about it.

Posting information on REDUSER is NOT a good idea for several reasons, including your own safety. Please do NOT post any information you have obtained. Any post we see on REDUSER regarding information on this case will be deleted.

Jim

WOW JIM!!!

Speechless of your action, but yet I was sure something was coming form you!!

awesome.

Great!!!
    "There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

Email the local paper and radio station in Miribel with this reward Jim. It's probably been stolen by a local gang that targets tourists or drugged-up opportunist. Either way, $100,000 should smoke them out...
    I make stuff.
    www.liamhall.net

Great
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Well done Jim. Mark, someone, get this out on the (theft area) local news TV outlets. Create a buzz.