Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: ALERT! Please read.

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Oh, and a subsequent question... related to the new RED M.D. stuff, does each camera "know" which serial it is? and is that burned as a value / field into R3D metadata?
    The Notorious D.I.T.
    Scarlet #03293
    Local 600
    zack at zack dot cc

Mark,
    Glad to hear you and all your family members are okay. I know how it feels to have been broken into. It sucks.
    I know this is going to sound slightly crazy to everyone on this forum, but it's only a camera and some gear that is all completely replaceable.
    These guys will probably go onto the internet soon to find out what they have because none of them have ever seen a camera like that and then realize they're up the creek. They'll have no where to sell it and it'll end up getting recovered.
    This is probably the worst way to start out the new year.
    Thank god you guys are all okay. That is all that matters.
    Shit like this just makes me so fucking mad.
    Maybe you should think about getting a Rottweiler as an accessory when you get the camera back.
    www.jaysilverdp.com

www.villageblackout.com

"Don't be afraid of the dark."

"what is important is that my family is safe and unharmed"

Glad to hear that you are all OK! Let's hope it will be found soon!

This is really sad story, and I'm glad no one was hurt. The most important is to try to calm down and take care of the childern.
    I know how horrible it is as there was a breakin in my new house 2 years ago ( at night and girlfriend pregnant). They stole for about 15000€ of gear. Whatever !

I think nearest countries like Belgium, Holland, Germany, Spain, Italy or switzerland could be a target too, as you can go trough 3 or 4 countries within 24 hours. If the thieves are not French, they could be anywhere.
    Contacting press is maybe not a good idea, but in he other case, if the MFK guys try to know what they stole and its value, the more people hear about this story, the more these guys would get pressure and realize it's gonna be hard to sell. Anyway, my opinion is : Or they try to sell it ( and succeed or failed, the Epic is in the circuit again) or they keep it hidden and try to sell only parts. Anyway, internet research in the nex few days could be an idea to see if those guys are stupid enough to sell it on the web.

Mark, this just stinks in so many ways. Glad that you and your family are safe. Like Jarred says, the camera can be replaced, not so your family. Keep them close. We're all in this together.

Extremely sorry to hear this news Mark, hope all is well with your family and friends and all are safe. They have really kicked up a hornets nest on this one, they will regret this I'm sure!
    Edmund Boyle

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #107 Security 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack CC View Post
    Oh, and a subsequent question... related to the new RED M.D. stuff, does each camera "know" which serial it is? and is that burned as a value / field into R3D metadata?

Yes, all RED cameras record their (unique) PIN value into the .R3D files...
    Workflow Wizard

Cross posted to another forum in the lighting community. We all know what it is like to loose items that thieves have no idea what they are.
    You can pretty much be sure that this will not be able to be used anywhere for any legitimate reason without someone knowing.

Lot of french filmmarker know about that terrible information.

We keep our both eyes open...

J

shades of the pre red-one break in?! industrial espionage?