Thread: REDusers in Vancouver

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'd love to make it tomorrow...but unfortunately I have a funeral to attend :-(
    Hopefully next time around. For those of us that couldn't make it, we would love to hear an overview of the events and discussions (if possible).
    Cheers,

hey Trevor can you please send me your info.
    many thanks
    baldeo@mac.com
    Bal Deo
    Vancouver, BC
    Director/Cinematographer
    604 839 3367
    deo studios
    RED EPIC, RPP's, Canon L Series
    www.baldeo.ca
    www.deostudios.com
    www.deostudios.blogspot.com

3. #33 When I Get my Red I will rent it 
    I will rent my Red to DOP operaters that have Track record of
    projects that pay there bills

Hello all Canadian film makers, two RED cams will be coming to Saskatchewan, the first will be RED #72 scheduled to ship Sept 15.2007, and the second is scheduled to ship January 2008. There will be initial side by side comparisons on Corner Gas, but will be available after that.

I think anything even close to $1000 a day is quite steep. Consider that if a project has a high enough budget to pay for the camera three fold over the course of a 60 day shoot, it would be cheaper to invest in a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Buxton View Post
    I think anything even close to $1000 a day is quite steep. Consider that if a project has a high enough budget to pay for the camera three fold over the course of a 60 day shoot, it would be cheaper to invest in a camera.
    Please keep in mind that rental rates are often quoted at 10 x days per month. There will be certain basics (several $thousand in batteries, some kind of eyepiece/lcd, record media option) that most likely be included with a rental camera...that aren't included when you purchase one.

I'm not sure if I'm stating the obvious, but thought I'd make that point. Rentals are 100% tax deductable, whereas a purchase gets written off over 3 years (I believe).

any word on any REDs in vancouver and if there has been any rental market established?

Supposedly one guy received 2 of them and sold one for $12,000 more than MRSP to a feature wanting to use it here locally. Not sure of the details. My friend got to see it and said it's quite amazing. Some VFX house has it.
    Norm Li, csc
    Cinematographer
    http://www.norm-li.com

Alexa Mini's, Arricam LT 2-perf, Arri 235 4-perf, Arri 416 Plus HS, Leica Summilux-C Sets, Cooke S4/i Sets, Arri Master Primes Set, TLS Cooke Panchros, Angenieux Optimos, Lomo Anamorphics, Arri Ultra16s, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Buxton View Post
    any word on any REDs in vancouver and if there has been any rental market established?
    Any day now....I hope.
    Give me a shout if you are looking for a rental.

Doug.

Hey Doug,

Are you renting out your camera yet?

Thanks,

Norm
    Norm Li, csc
    Cinematographer
    http://www.norm-li.com

Alexa Mini's, Arricam LT 2-perf, Arri 235 4-perf, Arri 416 Plus HS, Leica Summilux-C Sets, Cooke S4/i Sets, Arri Master Primes Set, TLS Cooke Panchros, Angenieux Optimos, Lomo Anamorphics, Arri Ultra16s, etc.