Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: OFFHOLLYWOOD

Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061626364 LastLast
    At it's lowest speed available during recording in 60ish degree temperature, is it quieter than the red in quiet mode?

The race is on—time to start logging more hours than Jarred's and/or Deano's new cameras.

Get it dirty for us.

Also, Jim if you want the internet to officially go insane over the new Epic—I recommend a raffle ;) At least that's the only way I'd be able to get one. :(
    Artists get the big break- We get paid to do what we love by people who want a break from doing what they hate. - EF

Quote Originally Posted by Eisen Feuer View Post
    Also, Jim if you want the internet to officially go insane over the new Epic—I recommend a raffle ;) At least that's the only way I'd be able to get one. :(
    Hahaha! Want 3 million views on a thread? This is the way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Fan noise is independently adjustable in speeds for both standby and recording, plus auto settings of course.

Right now the lower limit setting is 35% fan speed.. as we optimize power settings that likely will go lower.

The fans are user changeable as well remember.. we have a few fan options coming soon with different size/speed/noise ratios.

Can I get this option?
    ...too much RED on the brain.

hehehe I bet it will hit the enthusiast market eventually, companies are trying all sorts of things to make fans quieter
    (sometimes just making it look like they are even though dB levels aren't improved)

http://www.google.com/products/catal...0CH8Q8wIwBjgU#

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Ltd-_-35118067

http://www.google.com/products/catal...IIBEPMCMAg4Cg#

http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-120mm-cat-fan.html

http://www.google.com/products/catal...0CGUQ8wIwATgK#
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

6.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #606  
    EPIC cooling is terrific considering the amount of data flowing through such a small package. Lots of attention to detail went into every single piece of the design, the tunnel, the heat-sinks, the fan and the controller. You also get to see the temperature inside the camera at all times on the screen. No surprises.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    EPIC cooling is terrific considering the amount of data flowing through such a small package. Lots of attention to detail went into every single piece of the design, the tunnel, the heat-sinks, the fan and the controller. You also get to see the temperature inside the camera at all times on the screen. No surprises.

Jim
    I've always been very fortunate with my R1 in extreme conditions, but it's nice to know that you guys went all out when it comes to the cooling design. The fact that the fans are changeable is nice too. As other camera companies have found, getting all this imagery goodness into a small form factor without heat issues is not easy.
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

From everything you guys shared about the cooling system design it sounds like it will be extremely efficient. Please don't confuse a little enthusiasm with lack of confidence.

All I want to hear is the comparison between Red One to Epic, but I understand it would be best to compare the final readings once the power settings are optimized, as Jarred pointed out.

Also loving that there will be higher rpm fans available just in case. It was a great idea to make the fan easy to swap by the user. Wonder how extreme conditions would have to get.
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eisen Feuer View Post
    I just feel bad b/c I can afford a Scarlet w/ some accessories, or blow all my money on an Epic...with absolutely no accessories, modules, lenses and the like...sad thought...the reverse Scarecrow as it were...
    SCARLET-X #65: "Ruby"
    www.vimeo.com/Chasefox
    www.QuiverDigital.com
    Anyone interested in getting their work on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, etc...let me know.

i think we should raffle all the red one's that get traded in for epics... :) or you could just send me one, i'd be okay with that.