Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: OFFHOLLYWOOD

Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Straka View Post
    Something like that - but I'd settle on prices, specs and order forms - we all know how difficult / impossible it is to set specific dates...

I would love to hear ANY news before X-mas! Order forms would be great! I have my money in the bank and I'm ready to buy!

Quote Originally Posted by Niko Pueringer View Post
    The dim red color you see on the moon is the result of light refracting through the atmosphere as it passes by.

LOL. I love reduser

Do we know if Mark is the only person who has gotten his Machined Epic? Or how many people ordered the Machined version? As it was finished and shipped last Friday, would these past few days have been enough for RED to make anymore? I believe Jim or Jarred may have mentioned at some point that if the orders were there, they might be be able to make something like 100 before the production line models start? Just don't want to be nagging Mark for footage if there's somebody else we can go after...though Mark may like the attention :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Chase M. Wrenn View Post
    Do we know if Mark is the only person who has gotten his Machined Epic? Or how many people ordered the Machined version? As it was finished and shipped last Friday, would these past few days have been enough for RED to make anymore? I believe Jim or Jarred may have mentioned at some point that if the orders were there, they might be be able to make something like 100 before the production line models start? Just don't want to be nagging Mark for footage if there's somebody else we can go after...though Mark may like the attention :-P
    Gibby is next in line by number, and at last count he hadn't gotten his, so it's a fair guess that Mark is the only one so far.

We don't know how many have requested to be on the list for machined Epics, but it's a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam C Lubkin View Post
    Gibby is next in line by number, and at last count he hadn't gotten his, so it's a fair guess that Mark is the only one so far.

We don't know how many have requested to be on the list for machined Epics, but it's a lot.
    Well Mark only has one, which means Red did not have two to send him. He still needs Epic 007 :-)
    "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." -MC Escher

Sure he ordered 2 M's? As he is kind of into 3d, that would make sense... But?
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://blog.gunleik.com

Dragon short: "Sweet..." https://vimeo.com/74358938

Current Indiegogo Campaign: #godtnorsk:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/godtnorsk/x/541483

Quote Originally Posted by Gunleik Groven View Post
    Sure he ordered 2 M's? As he is kind of into 3d, that would make sense... But?
    Good point, and this just occurred to me. Why was Epic-M stamped as 006? I thought Jim and Jarred said that EpicMs were all line jumpers that exist prior to, above and beyond and separate from the Serial #1->8000+, which will either be Stage 1->4.

EDIT: Though Jim did say Epic-Ms were going by serial #. But, I'm pretty sure Peter Jackson gets his 30 before the serial #s (bummer!! I'd have loved to have rented my Epic to PJ :-)
    "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." -MC Escher

REDuser Sponsor
    Shawn, you are presuming that all of Peter Jackson's cameras will be machined instead of actual production models.

One thing I've learned is never to assume anything.

It is also conceivable that all Epics, regardless of -M or -X status would simply use the same linear serial numbering, no? The switchover would simply occur whenever they decide to start mass producing. And aside from the method of creation, they should be exactly the same, right? Same I/O, same electronics...

Maybe Peter Jackson just gets #PJ1, #PJ2, etc.

And you're also not taking into consideration Jim's sense of history. Mark received R-1s numbered 0006 and 0007. I can't imagine a situation where Jim would let him have Epics without those numbers on them.
    Cheers
    Bettsy