Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: OFFHOLLYWOOD

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hutson View Post
    The only sad part about it...it's a weekend which means your EPIC is gonna be held up somewhere a little longer.
    I'm guessing there might be a Saturday Delivery sticker on that baby.

Mark, we've all waited a long time to see this post. I love your story, and the occasional posts you've made over the past couple of years telling this unruly mob (and I include myself in that) to keep the faith. Thanks for believing in magic.
    David Fuller
    AirStream Pictures
    Portland, ME; Boston, MA
    EPIC-M Dragon #1053

Congrats Mark... if Steve comes to see it, I'll be on his tail!
    Ken Willinger S.O.C.
    http://kenwillinger.com/

Is this a pre-production machined Epic, or a cast-aluminum production-line?

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
    I see that my bugging about two 3/8" threaded holes paid off.
    Thank you Red
    Heh heh heh...

Quote Originally Posted by James Codeglia View Post
    Is this a pre-production machined Epic, or a cast-aluminum production-line?
    EPIC-M, M stands for machined.

Patience for me:

Wow Mark, that must be the best Christmas present!
    Have an Epic holiday with your family! :-)
    I wonder if the rest of us who sent a message that we are interested (ie dying to get a chance to have our own Epic-M) will get to know if we made the cut and are going to be able to get one or not...?
    I have the cash standing-by

EDIT: Jarred I may be thinking too big here but maybe you should add an extra digit in the serial as I see the Epics selling like hotcakes
    The nutjob formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE Camera #1333 Epic-X # 1003 |||

OFFHOLLYWOOD
    Thanks Mark for being the first person to put up their hand 5 years ago.

Fedex just left.
    ohhhh Awesome, I want mine now, when is stage 4 starting ?

Really beautiful!

OMG. #6!

I'm having a flashback to 2006.

Ted Schilowitz told me at Sundance that we was going to leave AJA and work with Jim to build this crazy, revolutionary 4K camera. He was so excited. He pitched me the concept, which I loved, but when I asked if he had the sensor and he replied "we're gonna build it" - I got a little worried. But I could see how sincerely excited Ted was about the project and I just had a feeling there was something there. Sometime in March I got a phone call from Ted - he said he & Jim were going to have a booth at NAB and announce the camera to the world - and he wanted me to be a part of it and just be around and help in the booth. I asked if they had a working prototype - "nope". I asked if they had a sensor working - "nope". I said "Ted, sure I'll help you out - but what the hell am I going to do in the booth?" And Ted says "Don't worry. Just be yourself".

A week or so later I'm on a conference call with Jim, Ted and a bunch of folks - some who now work at RED, some were folks Ted picked to help in the booth. The purpose of the call was to discuss what was going to happen during the trade show. Ted & Jim explained that we would take $1000 deposits for a serial number, a place in line - that it would be fully refundable, etc. Everyone on the call was very quiet. It was really just Ted & Jim talking. I asked if we'd be starting with the number "1". And there was a quick side-bar between some of the folks on the call and then Ted announced that serial numbers 1-5 would be Jim's cameras. So then I asked, really without even thinking, "Can I have number 6?" and there was silence - some chatter between Ted & Jim and then Ted said "Sure". "And number 7"? And Ted said "Sure, Mark has number 6 & 7". And the thing I remember most about that call was that I expected everyone else on the call to ask for a serial number - and it was just silence.

Ted called me after and said "I can't believe you did that! One day you will understand what a big deal that was."

That day is today.

I look back at the early days when we only had #006 (Elvis) and #007 (Bond) - no audio - no slow motion - no 16:9. A new firmware build every day. It was a blast. I called Stuart at his home so often his wife would just answer the phone "Hello Mark". I remember countless meetings trying to convince people to use these cameras. Countless demos.

Things are VERY different now. RED is everywhere. I'm proud to have been right inside that revolution.

And now - the next chapter begins. EPIC.

Helmet on. Let's do this.

mark,

I cannot think of anyone who deserves this more than you.

jay