Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: First Pic of Working Fixed Lens Red Scarlet

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 First Pic of Working Fixed Lens Red Scarlet 

I'm currently at Red Studios helping with the Santa Fe 3d Workshop with Geoff Boyle. Just as I am sitting there...in comes Jarred with a WORKING Red Scarlet 8X fixed camera! Naturally I was dying to hold the camera. As Jarred passed it to me, he told me I was the first public person to hold a working Red Scarlet. Let me tell you folks, it is real and is working. The Scarlet I was holding had the 5inch lcd touchscreen. The lens gear ring which can be set to zoom, iris or focus is buttery smooth. QUALITY. The electronic zoom works like a charm. I used the up-down rocker on the camera to zoom in on a Jeep in the parking lot (though I was "Mr. Shakey" due to the sheer excitement of finally getting to hold the Red Scarlet.) Justin O'Neill and I got to see it for a mere brief moment and off it went back to the vault. This should be comforting to those who may fear that RED wouldn't have time for the Scarlet with all the Epic buzz going on. This gives me more confidence that the Red Scarlet is definitely around the corner. I have been really lucky to have held both the Epic and Scarlet. The Scarlet is lighter in weight than the Epic even with the fixed lens. This is due to the Scarlet body being more narrow. The weight felt very good and the camera felt rugged. Touch screen controls were functional. Video Coming soon.

VIDEO HERE:
    Red Scarlet Fixed Lens Camera - First public video of a working Scarlet!
    http://tonacitran.com/red-scarlet-first-video/

Quote Originally Posted by Tonaci Tran View Post

I'm currently at Red Studios helping with the Santa Fe 3d Workshop with Geoff Boyle. Just as I am sitting there...in comes Jarred with a WORKING Red Scarlet camera! Naturally I was dying to hold the camera. As Jarred passed it to me, he told me I was the first public person to hold a working Red Scarlet. Let me tell you folks, it is real and is working. The Scarlet I was holding had the 5inch lcd touchscreen. The lens gear which can be set to zoom, iris or focus is buttery smooth. QUALITY. The electronic zoom works like a charm. I used the up-down rocker on the camera to zoom in on a Jeep in the parking lot (though I was "Mr. Shakey" due to the sheer excitement of finally getting to hold the Red Scarlet.) Justin O'Neill and I got to see it for a mere brief moment and off it went back to the vault. This should be comforting to those who may fear that RED wouldn't have time for the Scarlet with all the Epic buzz going on. This gives me more confidence that the Red Scarlet is definitely around the corner. I have been really lucky to have held both the Epic and Scarlet. The Scarlet is lighter in weight than the Epic even with the fixed lens. This is due to the Scarlet body being more narrow. The weight felt very good and the camera felt rugged. Touch screen controls were functional. Video Coming soon.

Video Coming Soon.

http://tonacitran.com/first-pic-of-w...ut-of-the-lab/

Went straight from the Bomb EVF thread to the Scarlet section just to wait for this thing to pop up. Many thanks, Tonaci, for the post, insight and picture. The Scarlet looks amazing!!

Thank you so much. :-)

woah !
    J.Davis
    jdMAX.com

Merry Christmas indeed.

That looks great! :)

Great post Tonaci, and great to see you last week! Yeah ... the SCARLET program is crazy real - it really blew me away. People should really think twice before they buy an F3 or AF100.

Just makes me want one even more.

Mark - the F3 is a beautiful camera that will fit in well with a fixed scarlet.... I don't see why you feel the need to dismiss it.

Thanks for the report, Tonaci!!! I'm ordering two of the 8X fixed as soon as someone at RED will let me.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

great
    Antonio "Pipas" Forjaz from Maputo, Mozambique
    EPIC DRAGON #943
    RED MX SSD #6340
    www.pipasforjaz.com
    www.mahlafilmes.com
    Apple Certified Pro FCP 6 REDucation MX edition completed