Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC-M...

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Nelson View Post
    Jim,
    When will you know how many Epic-Ms you will produce? Are you going to severely limit it as you previously suggested (< 100) or will you make as many as are ordered?

Secondly, if you get a bunch of orders (hundreds) will you delay production units to finish the Epic-Ms?

Thanks!
    Not sure yet... seeing how many parts we can gather up in a short time period. But no matter what, it won't delay production. They are two separate lines.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    [QUOTE=Jeff Kilgroe;685618]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post

(HDRx™™ will be enabled and is the professional solution)
    but all 5K options will be enabled.

Seems like it has what counts. The other stuff can wait 'til whenever...

Although, one side-effect I can see in regards to not having all the other resolutions enabled is possibly some lack of higher frame rates.
    You only have 5K 2.37:1 at 120fps. Bummer. :-)

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Ibrahim View Post
    If I had the money I would be so in... there is nothing here that is a deal breaker.

Even at this price its cheaper than some ENG cameras that are far lower spec, like the HPX3700.

I will definitely be waiting until the shipping units for my Epic.

Out of curiosity when are Epic Stage 4 units likely to ship? Anytime in 2011, or are you guys looking at 2012?

What about Epic Light or whatever you decide to call what used to be Scarlet S35? 2011? 2012? Later?
    Both in 2011.

Jim

Hello Jim,

Can you tell us now what the COMPLETE differences will be between the Epic-S and the Epic-X?

I have a feeling that my old screen-saves of your product matrix are not so valid anymore.
    Regards,
    Martin Stevens

President and Founder of Glidecam Industries, Inc.
    Producer and Director at Metaphoric Pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Not sure yet... seeing how many parts we can gather up in a short time period. But no matter what, it won't delay production. They are two separate lines.

Jim
    Cool. Looking forward to the email blast with more information. I'm very interested, but still have to be practical. If there's going to be only 60-90 days between an M camera and my first production run EPIC-X, I'd have to wonder if that $25K or whatever premium wouldn't be better spent on a new projector or something like that -- which I'm also shopping right now. Oh, sure, I could ROI the premium in the mean time, as every looky-loo in town will want to get their hands on the EPIC-M. But I'm a selfish prick when it comes to things like this... If I buy the EPIC-M, it's for me and I'd only share with a few people I trust. People can hire me and the camera too, but I won't be renting out the camera package on its own or making a big deal out of having it. So then I question my "logic" of paying the premium... Anyway, just thinking out loud, and probably not helping my case for getting one. hehe.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

Senior Member Jonathan Stevenson's Avatar
    To me, it almost seems as if the Epic-M's are now what the original Tattoo's were meant to be, considering they're only making a handful and they'll be reserved for early adopters.

Shooting double system anyway so no audio OK.

I never do playback in camera anyway, but that's just me.

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Stevens View Post
    Hello Jim,

Can you tell us now what the COMPLETE differences will be between the Epic-S and the Epic-X?

I have a feeling that my old screen-saves of your product matrix are not so valid anymore.
    We haven't completed the list yet but will post as soon as we can.

Jim

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Stevenson View Post
    To me, it almost seems as if the Epic-M's are now what the original Tattoo's were meant to be, considering they're only making a handful and they'll be reserved for early adopters.
    There were the 1st Tattoos that told us we needed to add +13mm in length to the brain. Now there are +13 Tattoos that are being used on some jobs but can't be upgraded to production cameras because there needed to be internal modifications for boards... and can never have all features. The machined EPIC-Ms have all changes and modifications and are the same in every way to production cameras... except they are machined.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

Jim

Jim,
    I'm glad you decided to release these, even though I am unable to take advantage of the offer.

For the fortunate few who get these, PLEASE be generous with your postings. Allow the rest of us to live vicariously through you by posting pics of your set ups, samples of your footage, and your impressions of working with such a ground breaking tool.

Thanks in advance.
    Jason Beckwith

DoP Reel
    Project Arbiter
    Taking Eden (My comic book)