Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Scarlet S35 is now...

Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 94 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    less the amount of calories, but the same great taste you all love. Epic Light. :) haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Kovax View Post
    So you really think Epic light will be released before Epic X?
    I would think if that does happen it would piss off a lot of people who already put down $5000 for their Epic-X Stage 2. Now that would be unfair.

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Frank View Post
    I would think if that does happen it would piss off a lot of people who already put down $5000 for their Epic-X Stage 2. Now that would be unfair.
    Not going to happen.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Not going to happen.

Jim
    Thanks for that info Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Frank View Post
    You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can`t please all the people all of the time!

JJ, you skimped on product design, now you're skimping on marketing. Epic Light? A professional camera for who, sissys? If big brother is Epic MX, then little brother can be Epic Model 23, Red 23, Red Arrow (use red screws), Epic Bolt or any number of names that can be associated with the macho character of Red management.

Who ever came up with Epic Light needs to take a creativity pill.

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Duran View Post
    JJ, you skimped on product design, now you're skimping on marketing. Epic Light? A professional camera for who, sissys? If big brother is Epic MX, then little brother can be Epic Model 23, Red 23, Red Arrow (use red screws), Epic Bolt or any number of names that can be associated with the macho character of Red management.

Who ever came up with Epic Light needs to take a creativity pill.
    Heh heh... lots of crap on EPIC Light.

How about EPIC-A (the old Scarlet S35), the big brother EPIC-X and the machined monster EPIC-M?

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Actually I would prefer Epic LT, Epic X (or XT = XTreme for non-stage-2), Epic M
    Leif Thomas
    - DIT -
    Epic M, Epic X & Red One MX rental

http://www.welldone.tv

Heh heh... lots of crap on EPIC Light.

How about EPIC-A (the old Scarlet S35), the big brother EPIC-X and the machined monster EPIC-M?

Jim
    Epic-S

A) it nods to the Scarlet S35 moniker
    B) S could be: Small, or Sport

The entire RED program is now dedicated to professionals, including those that aspire to become professionals. It is all about us doing our best effort and putting out the best equipment we can conceive. Scarlet 2/3" has grown into a full professional system. We also have ideas for a future Scarlet that fits well with this category.

Changing Scarlet S35 to an EPIC name is only right. It is entirely based on the EPIC S35. Many people can't afford an EPIC-X and there are features in that camera that are expensive to produce and not needed by everyone... namely frame rates and data rates (plus a few others). We probably should have done this from the beginning, but we had no idea what we were doing 3 years ago.

Jim
    Thats great news Jim!!
    I was wondering why I even needed to buy an EPIC X if the Scarlet s35 was going to have most of the features. minus the HDR an frame rates.
    I'm very happy now that my investment is now safe again with the Epic X

Thanks Jim.
    Mark Toia
    Director / DP / Founder of Zoom Film & Television

www.toia.com

www.zoomfilmtv.com.au