Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Scarlet S35 is now...

Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Add 2/3" Interchangeable to that list and you are correct. Features are locked down and we are preparing for production...

Jim
    Fantastic news! Thanks Jim!

Banned
    There is no reason not to release the "nearly done" Scarlet 8X Fixed except that it is "nearly done". Features are locked down, just a bit more firmware to go associated with lens control... and then getting the production lines set up.

Jim
    Apologies for being unclear in my question. What you just said is crystal clear from previous posts.

I'm wondering if you are still planning to release this platform with interchangeable lens mount and S35 and FF35 sensors (and correspondingly slower frame rates) as it seemed the original Scarlet was intended to be, and if not why not?

Jim you just made my month! I know I have not invested in money,sweat and tears into this project but I cannot help but to feel proud. I have been interested in the Scarlet from the beginning and I feel like I owe to myself to see this thing threw to purchase. Not long now until the camera of many men's dreams are a reality.

Everything going forward will have HDRx™. That is one of the things that has caused some last minute scrambling and price increase.

Jim
    Thank you God!!!

I'm not saying you are God... but you know what I mean!!!

Simple fact. Almost anyone who any of us admire in this industry became what they are at a time when almost no one could own their own "top of the line" camera. The fact that any of us can even consider it is a small miracle. I understand that many want to "mess around" and learn with this system, and the s35 scarlet was the bell of that ball. I dont understand the comment of owning a 2/3" system as absurd. To me it would be the prime system for getting your sea legs with EXTREME shallow dof being the only thing not accomplishable. ( that's actually not true various diopters and such can allow for it)

That being said, if 35mm size is a must, If you can save 10k you can save 13k. If you can't, then you never should have spent that 10k in the first place.

Past that, the camera development has clearly hit a saturation point, with the planed models showing up in the hands of private parties. So complaining of an endless development cycle is an outdated concern.

I'll be the first to admit. $3k for 3k I could have done with out missing a step. The cost of that camera is looking to hit $6kish it seems. So if I buy that camera, I'll miss a step. You know what it is called when you skip a step? A leap. This is one leap that's worth it.

That being said I may not own any of these cameras anytime soon. I love gear, but I love projects more.

So voice your concerns but please remember this is one company that isn't trying to screw you.
    cheers

J. Eric Camp
    600 DIT | NYC

Jim, I admire your honesty and I firmly believe in what you and everyone at RED is trying to do.

Still, I just hope that there isn't a huge price increase from what was Scarlet S35 to what will be EPIC-S or EPIC Lite.

It would also be amazing if you could perhaps release the final pricing of the cameras before the end of the year or as soon as possible.

I assume many are planning to buy Panasonic AF100's and Sony F3's, so perhaps your announcement can dissuade many from buying those cameras now and waiting a little longer for your products.
    Last edited by Thomas Church; 11-29-2010 at 05:56 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Fingersh View Post
    Apologies for being unclear in my question. What you just said is crystal clear from previous posts.

I'm wondering if you are still planning to release this platform with interchangeable lens mount and S35 and FF35 sensors (and correspondingly slower frame rates) as it seemed the original Scarlet was intended to be, and if not why not?
    The limited frame rate and data rate S35 Scarlet has become the limited frame rate and data rate S35 EPIC-S. We are still in development of lots of things discussed in the past, but package changes are likely. I won't specify now for all the reasons spoken before in this thread.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Eric Camp View Post
    I'll be the first to admit. $3k for 3k I could have done with out missing a step. The cost of that camera is looking to hit $6kish it seems. So if I buy that camera, I'll miss a step. You know what it is called when you skip a step? A leap. This is one leap that's worth it.
    Well said.
    This is my experience, my opinion. Expect your mileage to vary.

Whatever the price, I'll buy it and make my money back. Thanks Jim for making an amazing product.

cross-examiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel A. View Post
    Understood. But after all, what we can figure out is the Epic-S is a new camera that will replace the project of another one, Scarlet S35.

I dislike to have to say it but I'd rather have the Scarlet S35 in any way whatsoever. Especially now with this information from yours that only stands and reforces my idea.
    OK... I didn't quite get this. You would prefer the Scarlet S35 to the EPIC-S?

Jim
    I would prefer the Scarlet S35 'cause we are speaking about another camera. For the reasons you pointed out.

Price-wise too, for sure. Nothing can replace that deal, I'm afraid.

The same for any other manufacturer's offer.
    Scarlet 2/3" model included. It is apples to oranges.

Thanks for listening. I posted this where we are now:

http://www.cinematography.com/index....dpost&p=338550

Just waiting for your news.

E. :-)
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **