Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Schedule and Machined EPICs...

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasakiranak View Post
    isn't titanium 60% heavier than aluminum?
    Yes. Well, depends on which titanium alloy would be used, but yeah, it will be heavier. $20K is a lot of money to pay for a heavier camera. But it's $20K worth of status that some people might do. IMO, it makes just as much sense to have the brain gold plated.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Weaponized Dragon for hire. 8K available... "soon"

Banned
    Count us in for 2.... we need to demo our new 3D rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The good news is that if you think the price doesn't make sense... you don't have to buy one. It amazes me that these same questions aren't asked of the companies that make a 1080P camera for $70K- $250K.

Jim
    Exactly -- it also amazes me more aren't seeing it the way I described -- basically that you could (and probably should) be charging a lot more for the production cameras.

A production Epic from another company would be be 5-10 times the 28k price. Let's not bemoan Red charging more for a totally handbuilt, machined version ...

Part of being an early adopter is paying attention all the way through time. I'm going to post the program here and see who responds. I'm not going to send 10 emails to every customer to see if they are interested. Those that are early and still in will be 1st in line.

Jim
    I'd like to sign up sir.

Time to buy some scratch tickets… meh I’m sure they’d all be gone by the time my place in line came around anyway. Wait, who am I kidding? I’m not even in line.

Seriously cool idea though. Especially for those that might have been looking to buy multiple EPICS. It will give them something to consider. Should stamp them with a special R or something for collector value.

Part of being an early adopter is paying attention all the way through time. I'm going to post the program here and see who responds. I'm not going to send 10 emails to every customer to see if they are interested. Those that are early and still in will be 1st in line.

Jim
    Would love to sign up, but price is just too high for me.... But if I had the cash I would be in line right away.
    These will be worth so much...
    Antonio "Pipas" Forjaz from Maputo, Mozambique
    HELIUM S35 #1962
    HELIUM W #7785
    RAVEN #187
    No longer with me my RED MX SSD #6340
    www.pipasforjaz.com
    www.mahlafilmes.com
    Apple Certified Pro FCP 6
    REDucation MX edition completed

How many Epic-M's do you think you can make till Prod Epics start rolling out?
    J

_
    Jason Wingrove
    Director, Cinematographer

Web: wingrove.tv
    Twitter: wingrove
    Cohost: The RC Podcast

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Wingrove View Post
    How many Epic-M's do you think you can make till Prod Epics start rolling out?
    J

_
    Less than 100 is my bet.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Jim, is provided everything goes to plan, will Scarlet still follow approximately two months later? Thanks.

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Howe View Post
    Jim, is provided everything goes to plan, will Scarlet still follow approximately two months later? Thanks.
    Scarlet 2/3" is right on the heels of EPIC.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.