Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Schedule and Machined EPICs...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Schedule and Machined EPICs... 
    We have been pretty good at meeting product expectations but terrible at meeting deadlines and dates. The only reason I can point to is the EXTREME complexity of this project. We have discussed EPIC with the largest and most significant players in the electronics industry... they all think we are nuts. We have had to help fabricators solve problems because they have never seen this type of complexity before, especially in the size of the package. We heard "don't do that" 100's of times in the past two years... from very smart guys. But we have finished the project with even more capability than originally promised.

I am more convinced than ever we should build these machined, hand built EPIC bodies. I'll announce a price (probably around $45K just for the brain) and see if anyone wants them. I will probably build some anyway because it is in our customers best interests. We will learn a lot from the process. If no one wants them, I'll keep them for myself...

If someone does want one of these... they will sell by customer number (only fair) and that customer will not lose any other Stage option they might already have.

We would expect to make the machined bodies in December and January before regular production is scheduled to begin. We expect to start real production with small volumes in February and ramp up to high rates by early April... before NAB.

Everything is subject to change depending on 18,000 variables, but this is the current plan. The plan shouldn't stray very far since we are finally done with the primary development. It was a long road but worth the wait.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Woot!

Thanks for the option and all the hard work, Jim.
    http://www.radiumcamera.com
    http://www.cinetechshow.com

SILICON VALLEY Rental house
    Atlas Orion Anamorphic lenses PL Mount 40, 65,100
    Red Epic-W 8k Helium - Red Epic-x Dragon 6K - Scarlet-W 5K - Ursa Mini Pro - FS7 - A7S - Alexa Mini
    Zeiss CP.2 Kit- GL Optics 18-35mm T2 300 degree version - Cooke 18-100 T3

Banned
    Awesome news! How many if the machined units do you think could feasibly be delivered in the Dec/Jan timeframe, irrespective of actual demand?

SO great, 19 years old with big dreams! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
    "I'm crazy, not stupid"
    www.TheLifeRewired.com

Fantastic!!

Senior Member Joseph Q. Simpkins's Avatar
    Excellent! Thanks for the update! Looking forward to regular production:) Happy Thanksgiving!
    Joseph Q. Simpkins
    www.adrenalinethemovie.com
    IMDB

Banned
    And very exciting to hear production should begin in February!

Happy Thanksgiving Jim.

Is this the "Epic ... new option" announcement?
    Peter Matthes
    NYC based Producer, DGA AD, PM, AC
    Epic-Dragon #2404 "Robin Hood"
    Scarlet-X #476 "Manhattan"
    Red Pro Primes 18-300mm, Bartech/F-Stop/Heden Digital Follow Focus, O'Connor 2575D, Arriflex MMB-1, Elements Mantis
    REDucation at Abel Cine Tech NY - January 2014

The Wolves Den
    Pen & Inc.

Sounds great, being a current non RED owner would it be possible to buy all accs necessary to operate an Epic at the same time? I would like to purchase one for designing an underwater housing for it and be one of the first to shoot underwater with it.
    Fathom Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Matthes View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving Jim.

Is this the "Epic ... new option" announcement?
    Yes, Peter it looks like the extra option.

Red One MX
    Epic-X
    Red Pro Primes Set