Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Epic, it's worth the wait and all the hype

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just to make sure there isn't any confusion, MX REDs were used on Pirates and they performed incredibly in the hands of extremely talented people. May 20th 2011 will be a great day to see what RED was capable of this current summer.

For those asking for more details about the people involved in the Epic shoot, it reminds me of the saying

Those who know don't say and those who say don't know.

The parties will reveal what they want when they want to, just know that there is a tidal wave of RED coming

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Freebairn View Post
    Just to make sure there isn't any confusion, MX REDs were used on Pirates and they performed incredibly in the hands of extremely talented people. May 20th 2011 will be a great day to see what RED was capable of this current summer.

For those asking for more details about the people involved in the Epic shoot, it reminds me of the saying

Those who know don't say and those who say don't know.

The parties will reveal what they want when they want to, just know that there is a tidal wave of RED coming

"Those who know don't say and those who say don't know"

Who said that? ( :

I suppose, by this, he was implying that he "knew", but wanted to say so without actually stooping to say so.

It was most likely the guy that said "I never tell the truth"

At least you've told us that you know there is "a tidal wave of RED coming" (not to be confused with "red tide") but we already knew that. (((( :

I'm not saying I know anything, I, like everyone else am anxiously waiting for every bit of news RED releases.

There are loads of exciting days and posts coming in the future as Mark, Gibby, Dino and others receive their cameras. I for one am very excited to watch this all unfold.

Thanks for sharing Steve- Did you get a chance to WORK with the 5K footage, beyond marveling at the quality I mean?

Spcifically you mention how fast SSD downloads are, but jannard told us its 60% more image, so Im not sure how much more data that is. PLUS, we are facing 5:1 Redcode in the near future. I have not done the math, but it appears 5K at 5:1 on a 64GB SSD is pretty close to what we record now on a 16GB CF.

thoughts?

Good to see you on here too Michael Cioni, im bringing some of my peeps to REDUCATION in Dec, not sure if you guys will be there with Mark P?

Cant wait!

Cheers

Tim
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whitcomb View Post
    Thanks for sharing Steve- Did you get a chance to WORK with the 5K footage, beyond marveling at the quality I mean?

Spcifically you mention how fast SSD downloads are, but jannard told us its 60% more image, so Im not sure how much more data that is. PLUS, we are facing 5:1 Redcode in the near future. I have not done the math, but it appears 5K at 5:1 on a 64GB SSD is pretty close to what we record now on a 16GB CF.

thoughts?

Good to see you on here too Michael Cioni, im bringing some of my peeps to REDUCATION in Dec, not sure if you guys will be there with Mark P?

Cant wait!

Cheers

Tim
    Yeah...

Would be nice to get some concrete number to run some math on...

I think maybe for TV work, quite a few will still shoot 4kHD, but maybe at a lower compression-rate.

But then again, I thought I would shoot 2k on the R1, untill I hit record and was sold and never looked back...

LOL
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://blog.gunleik.com

Dragon short: "Sweet..." https://vimeo.com/74358938

Current Indiegogo Campaign: #godtnorsk:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/godtnorsk/x/541483

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whitcomb View Post

For 5k Wide @ RC 5:1, offloading will be better than double realtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanan View Post
    Thats great!
    Nathan Garofalos
    Carbon Dragon #13
    GSS C520
    www.horizoncinema.com

This is wonderful, saving so much time in DIT!

So, for "uninterrupted" shooting, we (indie indies)are likely looking at 4 or 5 cards for a little comfort.

thanks Deanan, great to hear, but I was more curious about how many minutes that equals in actual record times.

It seems a 64GB SSD recording 5KW at RC100 (5:1) is roughly the same filming time as 4KHD @RC42 is on a 16GB CF.

Is there a rough ratio? Mainly trying to determine media needs - but if its too early for those specs. no worries. thanks for taking the time to chime in
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker