Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Redmote details

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Redmote details 
    Assuming Jarred words about minimum config (a Brain, Side SSD and a Touchscreen monitor) + battery grip or module, i'm wondering what would be working on Epic/Scarlet without redmote ?

Will this be a mandatory "option", as "pain in the ass to work without it" ?

Few questions to get a better idea on this :
    - Will redmote / redmote pro be ready when Epic is shipping ?
    - Could we get more detailed features that redmote/redmote pro will offer ? Since first announcements, no big news about this tool...
    - As a documentary run & gun filmmaker, do i need it, when most time i'll have one hand for the handgrip and the other one on the lense ?
    - I'll probably be buying a Scarlet S35 to work along with Canon L lenses (16-35, 24-70, 70-200...). Would redmote or redmote pro be any help to control those lenses and make the job easier ?

Thanks,
    Yannick
    Scarlet-X #02128 package available for rent in Shanghai, China
    --
    Sunless Films - Independent films production and distribution : Website
    Sentiment-Hifi - Premium Audio & Video solution : Website

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #2 REDmote 
    A Touch-screen LCD or Side Handle will allow full control of an EPIC or Scarlet. If you have either of those, you do not NEED a REDmote.

The particular advantage of REDmote however is wireless; so if you want control of the camera over distance, it's the right tool for the job.
    Workflow Wizard

Thanks Stuart.
    I guess i will skip the first redmote for now but will probably head back to redmote pro later. I'm curious about the jog-shuttle on the pro version. This could be really usefull sometimes...

It would be good to have more details about both redmote models, when you're ready to give those info.
    Scarlet-X #02128 package available for rent in Shanghai, China
    --
    Sunless Films - Independent films production and distribution : Website
    Sentiment-Hifi - Premium Audio & Video solution : Website

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart English View Post
    The particular advantage of REDmote however is wireless; so if you want control of the camera over distance, it's the right tool for the job.
    So... How many cameras can I control from a single REDmote? Has it got channel selection so that you can have A/B/C cameras controlled by separate REDmotes or all by the same one if you prefer?

Am I right in saying that the REDmote Pro has an electronic focus knob on it that I could use to control Canon or Nikon AF lenses and future Red Electronic lenses?

6.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #6 REDmote PRO 
    Am I right in saying that the REDmote Pro has an electronic focus knob on it that I could use to control Canon or Nikon AF lenses and future Red Electronic lenses?
    REDmote PRO has a rotary encoder that can be used to control a number of different things - it depends on what it's mapped to by the camera firmware.
    Workflow Wizard