Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC brain weight...

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    I hear you, Ray, but personally I was glad to see that design disappear. Here's hoping for basic black...

2. #102 Epic X special edition 
    It would be nice to have a choice.

Wow.. The target was the end of the summer in 2009?!

Ouch...

Oh well..

Jay
    Jay A Kelley
    Lead Instructor, Infotech Academy
    RED102. THE BEST ONLINE COURSE FOR SCARLET and EPIC
    http://www.red102.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Harper View Post
    Only the tattoo's were supposed to be the special color, all other epics are supposed to be all black.
    My question answered by Jarred...however, things are always subject to change...

SELFISH QUESTION #11: Could I have my Scarlet finished in Silver just as your RED #10?

Kind of... the side"cosmetic" pieces on Scarlet are removable.. and you can get different finishes. I can't remember if we officially mentioned that before for the 2/3"...... but you can. But please... No pink.
    Hopefully these questions were "good". :)
    http://reduser.net/forum/showpost.ph...95&postcount=1
    CINEPHOTOGRAPHER | Dubai

TWITTER | @Hutson

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

Great find Joseph. Looks like that original scheme might still be in the cards after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin O'Neill View Post
    Great find Joseph. Looks like that original scheme might still be in the cards after all.
    Naturally, that's still my favorite RECON post ever...
    CINEPHOTOGRAPHER | Dubai

TWITTER | @Hutson

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Still working on the details.. But there will be a change, and the change will go in your favor.
    Is there any reason the side SSD module should be substantially more than side CF? Aren't most of the electronics in the brain and the different connectors and such on the module within a few dollars of each other in cost, and the aluminum/milling/mechanicals about the same? Similar to the RED station where the different CF and SSD modules are each $250? I'm like Jay, I think you'll make more in the short and long run selling more drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay A. Kelley View Post
    Wow.. The target was the end of the summer in 2009?!

Ouch...

Oh well..

Jay

Ha, at least you have your camera Jay, I made a long term deal with one of my customers that needed a third camera a couple months after the October 30th 2009 announcement, thinking worst case for my epic would be by NAB2010. Now I borrow a RED from one of my buddies when I need it but it's not the same. :-(

But I'm excited about HDRx™™™ and everything else. Still hoping they might get to #206 before new years.
    Save the Sharks
    Red #206/Epic-X Stage2 Now shipping Epic U/W housings - accepting orders - contact us. U/W housing for REDONE - for sale or rent. Check out our new Aero3D mirror/beamsplitter rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    ... Still hoping they might get to #206 before new years.
    Mike, you're funny!
    Rudi Herbert

www.UnderwaterCinema.com

A site about the equipment and techniques of the art of underwater cinematography

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    Is there any reason the side SSD module should be substantially more than side CF? Aren't most of the electronics in the brain and the different connectors and such on the module within a few dollars of each other in cost, and the aluminum/milling/mechanicals about the same? Similar to the RED station where the different CF and SSD modules are each $250? I'm like Jay, I think you'll make more in the short and long run selling more drives.
    It's been mentioned but not clearly stated, but judging by the information released about their SSD program, it's a very custom module that doesn't have standard sata connectors like the CF reader did. Jim has mentiond Deanan has been pulling hairs trying to get the actual specs of the SSD itself to be good enough, and they even had to change out the sata connectors because it wasn't deemed good enough for constant eject and insertion without breaking eventually. That means a highly custom side module that takes this new connector, and can read and write at the speeds they want. Not every card reader/writer is the same, some out perform each other even when are you just comparing CF card readers you can get on amazon. So the more custom you make something, the more expensive it has to be just because the supply and demand. If RED sold 100 thousand r1's and they all went stage 2, I'm sure they could justify a cheaper side module...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hutson View Post
    My question answered by Jarred...however, things are always subject to change...

http://reduser.net/forum/showpost.ph...95&postcount=1
    oh word! i totally missed that/forgot about that being said in that post. Still i think i'd still want black haha.
    Nik Harper

Scarlet-X #221

WWW.LAMARPLUSNIK.COM

Follow us: @LAMARPLUSNIK