Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Professional...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #1 Professional... 
    We profess to make professional cameras. I'd love to hear your take on what exactly professional means to you.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

For me professional means:
    "Getting paid to produce something that someone else will pay for..."

Doc.

*however in applying this thinking to professional equipment the black gaffa tape i use is proffessional equipment* hmmm... need to rethink that one.
    I come from a land down under...

When you turn professional, you become an entertainer, and like every other entertainer, you don't want to get a bad review
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Reliability, durability, not getting obsolete within a few years ...
    Michael

When it comes to equipment, I think professional means that something is built for the task. It will do the job that it's required to do and do it day in, day out, without whining.

Actually gaffer tape does do it's job!

Professional is having a set of skills and earning your living from applying them properly.

Unfortunately in our industry there are too many people who don't know what professional skills are, let alone how to apply them!

Professionals demand professional tools. A professional tool is one used by a professional to do specific job to the requirement of that professional for the maximum length of time - as opposed to an amateur tool which will only do the minimum required to do a specific job for the minimum amount of time...
    I make stuff.
    www.liamhall.net

Does professional necessarily mean higher prices?

Yes, it does.

Probably the new RED camera prices will go higher…????!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Medavoym View Post
    At the age of 90, Mr. Akira Kurosawa, while getting an Oscar, said that he is now barely beginning to get to know cinema, that he knows practically nothing about it.

I'm sure Sanjin would agree. After old, this old-timer Jap punk had absolutely no idea how to shoot gorgeous home plants, or distant, mysterious smoke chimneys, not to mention bold, ground-breaking "quick-and-dirty" tests!

Madadayo!!!!! (in Japanese means "Not Yet")

It is the thirtieth and final film to be completed by Akira Kurosawa. ...

Plot Summary for Madadayo: They ask the professor: "-Mahda-kai?" ("Are you ready?"), and the professor responds "-Madadayo!" ("Not yet?") and drinks a large glass of beer.
    "There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

No excuses, ready for the intended tasks and also ready for all the unintended tasks involved. Professional means performance under pressure and performance that is far greater than what normal is capable of.
    IATSE Local 600 DIT
    www.FreehillProductions.com/

Senior Member Jochen Schmidt-Hambrock's Avatar
    That the camera relies as much on your skill as you rely upon the camera.
    --------------------------
    www.jochenschmidt.de
    http://imdb.com/name/nm0773276/
    twitter: josch11

Professional = "Make something look awesome with all your skills"