Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: David Fincher, future films on Red

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 David Fincher, future films on Red 
    Orange County, California - San Antonio, Texas
    Does anyone know if David Fincher is Shooting The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo on Red MX or Epic? I cannot find anything online about the production.
    "The screen is a magic medium. It has such power that it can retain interest as it conveys emotions and moods that no other art form can hope to tackle."- Stanley Kubrick.

"Touched by a masterpiece, a person begins to hear in himself that same call of truth which prompted the artist to his creative act. When a link is established between the work and its beholder, the latter experiences a sublime, purging trauma."- Andrei Tarkovsky

Red1 MX

I am probably wrong, but after this picture (http://markromanek.posterous.com/fin...8810-hollywood) was released wasn't it mentioned that he was prepping to shoot Dragon Tattoo on epic prototypes? Again I'm probably just dreaming that but I swear that was said or at least implied in some official capacity.
    Omar Saad
    EPIC-X #1939
    Red #679 retired

I imagine that Fincher is using one Epic for each day of the week (he has Sundays off).

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;-p

Best,

- Jordan
    Jordan Livingston

Leading a double life...

IATSE Local 600 ICG DIT
    www.DIGILOID.com

Independent Filmmaker
    www.JLPMOVIES.com

I'll bet on Epic.
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

Since the title contains the word "Tattoo" I'd say using Epics would be more than appropriate - assuming RED gives the go-ahead that is...

What a start to Epic's career. Not even released and you got Soderberg and Fincher shooting with Epic already. I'd say Epic is gonna have quite a bright future (understatement of the year I'd say :)

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    David Fincher is shooting "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" on RED ONE MX. And he is not really happy about it. He wants EPIC. He would be shooting EPIC except he is in Sweden. We just couldn't support him there with EPIC. It might turn EPIC as soon as he returns. Same goes for Steven Soderbergh when he gets back from Hong Kong.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    David Fincher is shooting "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" on RED ONE MX. And he is not really happy about it. He wants EPIC. He would be shooting EPIC except he is in Sweden. We just couldn't support him there with EPIC. It might turn EPIC as soon as he returns.
    Then what are we waiting for, get the man a one-way ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesper Sichlau View Post
    Then what are we waiting for, get the man a one-way ticket.
    Is that a time indication, Jim? :D