Thread: A Flesh Offering -feature film selected

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 A Flesh Offering -feature film selected 
    Just thought I would pass on the info that my 2nd feature A Flesh Offering has been selected to it's 3rd festival -The American Indian Film Festival this November. That makes 3 for 3 on the submission side -ImagineNative in Toronto and WAFF in Winnipeg.

The kicker is that I really, really wanted to shoot Red but my co-producer and co-financier felt the technology was just too new.

In the end we shot with the F900 in the middle of winter in Quebec (2008) and it turned out very well visually...thanks to my DOP Paul Sarossy.

Next one will definitely be on my R1 MX!

Congrats Jeremy. With Paul shooting, even if it's a pixelcam, it's bound to look great. He and Mark Willis are shooting for 5 months in Budapest right now.

Good luck with your picture.

Cheers,
    Dale

Always good to see that Winnipeg is still alive.

Hi Dale:

I did hear Paul was over there...we tried to get him for a feature we're prepping in Parry Sound. Absolutely a world class guy.

Ultimately you get your exposures right (no matter what camera you're using) and the rest should -in theory- take care of itself.

We're hoping to put our MX to the real test early next year with an ultra low budget feature set in 1925...the ultimate ghost story with mostly interiors, and a great script. Hope to be able to announce something soon.

Good job Jeremy! Lots of time and hard work no doubt.

The announcement for the Winnipeg Aboriginal Film Festival should be up shortly, so anyone in Wpg around the 19th of Nov. can see it at Cinematheque...or wait until January for the premiere on SuperChannel.

A quick update on Friday's premiere -it was extremely well-received and there were peers in the audience that I was happy to see, including several actors I've worked with over the years (and not necessarily just this film).

Had plenty of apprehension given the fact some corners were cut in post, but the audience didn't seem to mind...

And I was advised Friday also that we are nominated for best director and best actress for the festival down in San Fran on the 6th (awards on 13th).

I think ill be heading to the WAFF show on the 19th. As well, your up with one of my classmates for best director in san fran. If you see the guy with green hair on one side of his head and no hair on the other, say your from winnipeg lol

Thought it might be nice for folks to know I won Best Director award at the American Indian Film Festival last night.$ A great honour, even though I didn't expect to win.

I did meet your classmate at the Hard Rock with the green lid...quite the wrap party.

Jeremy that's great.

A short I shot "The Old Stone Church" on Vancouver Island last April with Director Michael Auger and producer/ Lead Cowboy Smithx also premiered there
    Best Regards

Aaron Bernakevitch
    www.4kfilmproduction.com
    Show Reel http://vimeo.com/9036753
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2331563/
    RED # 4455 "DUCHESS"

- Things usually work out better than you plan. When you`re shooting a film you`re so close to it, it rarely lives up to your expectations while you`re there. You always want it to be better, more perfect. When you see a cut, maybe two or three months later, you come to it fresh. It`s generally much better than you thought it would be" RD