Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Scarlet...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Scarlet... 
    We have decided to add $1000 to the price of Scarlet and include HDRx capability. The extra money will go to more boards and another ASIC plus development. The improvement is more than worth the effort. The image possibilities and capability are incredible.

We watched the voting, but more than that we know how much improvement HDRx is to the program.

It will only cause a slight delay in the program. You need to trust on this one...

Jim
    Last edited by Jannard; 10-01-2010 at 01:05 AM.
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Banned
    Awesome :-)

Great Idea! You know what is the best!

CLICK TO VIEW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpj0t2ozPWY

-michael zaletel

So then my Scarlet (eventually) will match my Epic-X... as Steve said, Awwsome:) Just have to save for an extra month or two extra:)
    Epic-X #1763, "Phase III"

Red #6732, "Dunsmore"
    (Dunsmore, Scottish Heritage)

www.squawthedocumentary.com

www.projectarbiter.com

You are the best! I'm definitely going to get this now.

Personally I am very happy about this decision. I plan to have an 8x fixed with me at all times as a personal camera and now it will have more DR then any non RED camera out there. I had voted "no" in the pole because I have a lot of friends waiting for Scarlet and I know the extra $1k will put it out of their reach for the near future.

If there is only a small hit to the schedule I think this is great if we look at the big picture: half of potential Scarlet owners may not be able to afford it now, but when they can it will be miles ahead of anything else even close to the price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    We have decided to add $1000 to the price of Scarlet and include HDRx™ capability. The extra money will go to more boards and another ASIC and development. The improvement is more than worth the effort. The image possibilities and capability are incredible.

We watched the voting, but more than that we know how much improvement HDRx™ is to the program.

It will only cause a slight delay in the program. You need to trust on this one...

Jim
    Definitely like the feature, price is reasonable but seemingly never-ending delays and feature creep seem to be the only thing consistent here...

Love your vision and passion, can't deal with the delays...

Cheers Red Team ...

Senior Member Jonathan Stevenson's Avatar
    Awesome!! This could get ugly... Lots of people were hoping for scarlet to be a sub-5k camera. I, for one, think this is great.

Jim thank you a million!!! I absolutely can't wait. Any chance we can still hope to have one in hands before the end of the year? :) I'm so happy right now! Any more news on the S35? Would that include this upgrade?