I wrote a new Applescript trim tool using REDline : EDL2R3D Trim tool
it does the following :
- read an EDL edited with offline or proxys (from FCP, Avid and others...)
- relink to original R3D files
- trim R3D clips to a new folder (adding handles if needed)
- copy RMD files to trimmed clips (optional)
- recreate proxy files for trimmed clips (optional)
- create a .lua script file to reconstruct the timeline linked to the trimmed R3D clips (handles are hidden) and import trimmed clips (with handles) into REDCINE-X bin
- open REDCINE-X and load the lua file
It can be useful if you need to send an edit to a conform facility or some clips to VFX without sending whole R3Ds or to archive a finished edit keeping only what you've edited.
Demo version works with the first 7 edits in your EDL, full version has no limitation. It needs REDCINE-X version 3xx installed in our Application folder to work.
It is offered as a free 'update' to my previous scripts for anyone who already have a license. I will write the XML version soon too.
If you paypal me 15 USD (or more if you can) to firstname.lastname@example.org you will receive a license to unlock all my scripts.
Please send feedback or report bugs in the thread or by email. I'll do my best to fix any issue asap.
download latest version here :