Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Red-gun

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Red-gun 
    I know there was a little discussion on the RED-GUN a few months ago, over at DVXuser. Jim said it was undergoing a design change? What's going on with that now?

I'd like to see what it looks like now.

2.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by OcularLimpidity View Post
    I know there was a little discussion on the RED-GUN a few months ago, over at DVXuser. Jim said it was undergoing a design change? What's going on with that now?

I'd like to see what it looks like now.
    hehe... how about we show it to you when we are finished?

Jim

So I guess it's not done yet.:p

Does the RedGun kick harder when shooting 4k than 2k?

Seriously though, with the right kind of adjustable handles out front the latest iteration of the RedRail seems to make the RedGun a bit redundant. I have been using the Anton Bauer Stasis mount with the HVX200 and it has a flip down chest pad that is a good idea poorly implented - perhaps with all the attachment points a 3rd party could design various braces to accessorize the RedRail. The DVRig Pro seems anything but pro when you first pick it up but it is surprisingly effective. Being able to adjust the back rods to allow the RedDrive and the battery to ride on the back side of the shoulder should allow for more balancing options, which considering the wide variety of lens options is a big plus.

Here's to hoping that either Red or 3rd party developers come up with custom handles that are adjustable and include record triggers and FIZ controls in ergonomic locations.

Banned
    "Here's to hoping that either Red or 3rd party developers come up with custom handles that are adjustable and include record triggers and FIZ controls in ergonomic locations."

Absolutely - for those of us in sub-film™/broadcast.
    We're second cousins/retarded children I know, but please spare a thought.

Good call, Blair ... On to it as always.