Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC HDR...

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    My bet is that EPIC is the 1st digital camera to beat film in every way.

It is smaller than every 35mm film camera. It has more resolution. More dynamic range. The color science is now perfect. It is cheaper than a film camera. It records to a reusable SSD or CF. The results are NOW.

I have to say that EPIC achieves everything we ever set out to accomplish. Wow.

Jim
    So you really didn't miss your delivery timetables Jim. You are early! :)
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

Very, very glad to hear your genius guys are working with The Foundry. Reinforcements on the software side of the army are good :)

Even better, the two sides of the army - hardware and software - are actually talking to each other and devising cool features together! Most camera companies don't do that to well.

Will this eventually:
    1. get integrated into the SDK (so that all of the normal grading programs can also turn on HDRx mode) - even if it's a paid option it's OK
    2. or as a OpenFX plugin? (eg that we run within DaVinci / Scratch)
    3. or will we have to go through Storm / Foundry tools for pre-processing?

This sort of stuff (where software has deep access to the raw data in order to get speed and quality improvements) always seemed like the main reason to open up your file format to the wider post software development community - but if you guys are trusting key innovators like The Foundry, that's a big step forward. Sweeeet!

Bruce Allen
    www.boacinema.com

The only disadvantages are that you record twice the data.

Jim
    Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Allen View Post
    Will this eventually:
    1. get integrated into the SDK (so that all of the normal grading programs can also turn on HDRx mode) - even if it's a paid option it's OK
    The natural first steps seems to Storm anyways.

www.EMBStudios.com

Epic-M 567

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Very, very glad to hear your genius guys are working with The Foundry. Reinforcements on the software side of the army are good :)

Even better, the two sides of the army - hardware and software - are actually talking to each other and devising cool features together! Most camera companies don't do that to well.

Will this eventually:

This sort of stuff (where software has deep access to the raw data in order to get speed and quality improvements) always seemed like the main reason to open up your file format to the wider post software development community - but if you guys are trusting key innovators like The Foundry, that's a big step forward. Sweeeet!

Bruce Allen
    www.boacinema.com
    Great question... we will give you a free option through REDCINE-X. I'm quite sure there will be a Storm option... and an SDK option for the others. We are in the business of giving our customers what they need.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

So pleased to see HDR that is purely and simply high dynamic range. For my style of production this is an immense bit of news. :D

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Will this eventually:

www.boacinema.com
    Accessing HDRx streams will be available in the SDK.

My bet is that EPIC is the 1st digital camera to beat film in every way.

It is smaller than every 35mm film camera. It has more resolution. More dynamic range. The color science is now perfect. It is cheaper than a film camera. It records to a reusable SSD or CF. The results are NOW.

I have to say that EPIC achieves everything we ever set out to accomplish. Wow.

Jim
    Seriously, I can't see any reason why anyone would pass on shooting a project with Epic if they can afford it.

Do you think us stage 2 loyalists will see this dream camera before 2011? =)

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    If RED doesn't give you the best cameras with the best options at the best prices with the most post options and the easiest to use and most complete post program... we suck and you should go somewhere else.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Fantastic work, Jim. The team you've assembled is awesome! You made the only camera I will ever need. I can't wait to get it. Thanks for all your hard work.