Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC HDR...

Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scott william View Post
    Jim, awhile ago you mentioned that the red one drives would be compatible with epic. Is this still the case? can i shoot EasyHDR @4k on a red 640 drive?
    I've got the same question. Can we still use our red drives?
    Ken Willinger S.O.C.
    http://kenwillinger.com/

Jim:

Any chance you could clarify what Ted said at IBC re: timing per this post:

Quote Originally Posted by marien View Post
    If I recall correctly I heard Ted saying to someone that stage 2 will start in a few weeks and that Epic will be available late this year or early next year, but as we all know this is subject to change...

And while you are at it:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    Other than the additional disk space and 48fps at 5k limitation - is there any downside to HDRx™™™ mode?

I got into RED 4K mainly because for shooting nature/documentary footage (often intended for stock) I wanted the highest resolution and quality possible to future proof as much as possible. (It's frustrating to look at the hundreds of tapes on my shelves of unique creatures and from exotic locations around the world and know that it is at best 720x480).

So just wondering: is there any reason I wouldn't shoot that same kind of stuff in HDRx™™™ mode?
    Thanks, and congrats on achieving this HDRx™™™ - seems truly extraordinary.

PS very cool that if you type H D R x then HDRx™™ automatically gets printed with the ™

PS but every time I edit, it adds a ™ :-)
    Save the Sharks
    Red #206/Epic-X Stage2 Now shipping Epic U/W housings - accepting orders - contact us. U/W housing for REDONE - for sale or rent. Check out our new Aero3D™ mirror/beamsplitter rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Hey Michael, jim said "you are limited to shooting maximum 5K at 48fps" so i assume that means you can shoot HDR at less resolutions as well. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    Jim:

Any chance you could clarify what Ted said at IBC re: timing per this post:
    stage 2 in a few weeks? i dont see that as possible, someone surely heard Ted wrong. I think Tattoo is going to start in a few weeks with Soderbergh's shoot.
    "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." -MC Escher

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Nelson View Post
    stage 2 in a few weeks? i dont see that as possible, someone surely heard Ted wrong. I think Tattoo is going to start in a few weeks with Soderbergh's shoot.
    But I'm trying to tease out some kind of response from Jim. :-)
    Save the Sharks
    Red #206/Epic-X Stage2 Now shipping Epic U/W housings - accepting orders - contact us. U/W housing for REDONE - for sale or rent. Check out our new Aero3D™ mirror/beamsplitter rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Jim,

When posting the next stills or footage of Epic HDR footage, could you give post both the EasyHDR™ and the HDRx version of roughly the same shot, just so that we can see the practical differences in shooting modes?

So Jim after having played with your new baby for a while.
    Other than to get to a higher frame rate than 48, is there any reason why you would not shoot in at least Easy HDR at all times?

.........Ian Sun..........
    Anansi Moving Images

EPIC X 00498 Baby!!!
    MX RED ONE 1080
    p+++

....... T O R O N T O .......

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    You can still use RED Drives up to a certain REDCODE... not exactly sure what that is right now.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Is there possibility that at least the EasyHDR will trickle down to the Scarlet line-up?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHalsell View Post
    Is there possibility that at least the EasyHDR™ will trickle down to the Scarlet line-up?
    It would be nice. Though, if Scarlet did not do it, that would be a significant feature that would help differentiate Scarlet from Epic. So far, Epic is like 3x more expensive for overcranking being the only obvious big difference.
    "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." -MC Escher