Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC HDR...

Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks Rod, I missed this one

Jim clarified that later though saying they are not sure if scarlet will be able to support it yet but they are going to try their best.

initial thread

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48559

relevant posts

"I guess the original post was a Scarlet post. At that time #21 was just a mistake. Since I forgot what I posted and what it was in reference to, I just thought this new magic HDR should go there since it is so cool. We are trying to see if we can implement it in Scarlet... but no promises today.

Jim"

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showpos...9&postcount=28

"Originally Posted by Stephen Matthews View Post
    Well I hope it works in the scarlets but if not i can handle it, the features/specs are still very attractive no matter how you look at it even without HDRx.

Have a good one, and keep on innovating."

"Of course if we can... we will. Just not sure yet.

Jim "

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showpos...2&postcount=36

edit: though we could be talking about two different things here HDR and HDRx but I would think (though I could be wrong) HDR would be harder to implement than HDRx in camera so it might not matter either way.
    Stephen Matthews
    "I do not want my success in life to rely on the suffering of others"
    -V.T.S.

Hopefully RED will be able to bring the full power of HDR to Scarlet S35, and find other ways to make EPIC stand out like it should.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    While there will always be "more"... EPIC is a game changer.

You will likely not ever need more. You will get it because we will make it. But EPIC is the ONE that changed everything. I have seen a lot. I own over 1000 cameras. EPIC is the one that will change history. It is the one that covers everything. Size, price,performance.
    I strongly suspect that the still images I took on Saturday with a long-discontinued dSLR and ordinary lens could not be reliably reproduced by an EPIC camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Fingersh View Post
    I strongly suspect that the still images I took on Saturday with a long-discontinued dSLR and ordinary lens could not be reliably reproduced by an EPIC camera.
    OK, Mr. Troll, I'll bite. Why?

The worst part about this announcement is going to be the producers and clients: "You don't need lights. Just push that HDR button thing and everything will look great."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Wright View Post
    The worst part about this announcement is going to be the producers and clients: "You don't need lights. Just push that HDR button thing and everything will look great."

That be funny! Where's that HDR:Night Vision feature again!

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I need to clarify one thing...

EasyHDR happens in camera and there is NO hit to the data rate. Files come out of the camera the same size as normal mode. You are, however, constrained to 5K at 48fps. The HDR is "baked in" to the file so there is no post option for combining frames.

HDRx is recorded as two streams, so data rate is twice normal mode. Combining them happens in post and there are a wide variety of options for doing this. Again, you are limited to shooting maximum 5K at 48fps.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Jim, awhile ago you mentioned that the red one drives would be compatible with epic. Is this still the case? can i shoot EasyHDR @4k on a red 640 drive?

Can the HDRx mode be used outside of the 5k format? And if so, will the frame rate limits apply?