Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC HDR...

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Álex Montoya View Post
    That's truly amazing, Jim. We can't wait to order our stage 3 EPIC.

I was wondering what you meant with "Or there is a "normal" way to deal with motion blur."?

Can motion blur be a problem with HDR?
    No problem with motion... your choice is "normal" or "magic".

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

So normal consists of two "magic exposures" blended in-camera into a "normal looking" image? And magic lets you record all the info and combine them to your preference in post?
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Shoot normal ISO and get more highlight protection than you could ever imagine. The shadows have never been an issue. Clean... noiseless images that cover any scene.

Jim
    Jim, this is spectacularly groundbreaking. Congratulations.

Is the selection process of HDRx a one-way street? In other words, if I select to do the processing in post when I decide to shoot HDRx, dial in +6 stops, and then in post realize there were problems with motion blur, or some other artifact that I missed, can the footage revert to non-HDRx R3d raw? I'm guessing not, but just wondered how Murphy proof this is likely to be?

Cheers,
    Paul

www.EMBStudios.com

Epic-M 567

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Lequeux View Post
    So normal consists of two "magic exposures" blended in-camera into a "normal looking" image? And magic lets you record all the info and combine them to your preference in post?
    Nope... :-)

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

WIll there be a "magic latitude protection mode" in the development software, so that max sensor latitude is mapped smartly into the different ISO ratings?

(I know I ask for more answers than I deserve...)
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://blog.gunleik.com

Dragon short: "Sweet..." https://vimeo.com/74358938

One word = Boss....

Congrats Jim and the RED Boys! I can't wait to see some footage, and hopefully this will get transferred into Scarlet!! :)

I will tell you that EPIC is the resolution leader. EPIC is the dynamic range leader. EPIC is the bang for buck leader. And EPIC is the size/performance leader. Actually... IMHO EPIC is, well Epic.
    Jim
    not to mention modularity leader... I was already excited about the Epic program w/o HDRx... this just puts the nail in the coffin to any other cinema camera out there.

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Nordin View Post
    Jim, this is spectacularly groundbreaking. Congratulations.

Is the selection process of HDRx a one-way street? In other words, if I select to do the processing in post when I decide to shoot HDRx, dial in +6 stops, and the in post realize there were problems with motion blur that I missed, can the footage revert to non-HDRx R3d raw? I'm guessing not, but just wondered how Murphy proof this is likely to be?

Cheers,
    Paul
    Yes... actually it can. HDRx is a two stream mode. You can choose to use it or not. Easy HDR is done in camera and is not reversible.

Jim

I LOVE it. I don't want anything more...

Jim
    Monstro?... :-)
    EAST RENTALS
    Red Epic DRAGON Package
    Canon K35 Superspeed Lenses - PL mount (14mm, 18mm, 24mm, 35mm, 55mm, 85mm, 135mm, 200mm)
    Arri FF-4 Follow Focus
    Tiffen Filters, Arri Matte Boxes, RED ROCKET-X (in Magma 3T Thunderbolt 2 chassis)

www.eastrentals.com
    info@eastrentals.com

Yes... actually it can.
    Jim
    Bloody brilliant. The only down side I can see to this, is my place in line at stage 5 or whatever is going to get a lot further back.

www.EMBStudios.com

Epic-M 567