Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC HDR...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 EPIC HDR... 
    We have successfully tested EPIC HDRx to 18 stops of dynamic range in motion. You can use the mode in two ways... Easy HDR (in camera) and HDRx (manipulate in post). It can be used several ways, including the "magic" way... which is very cool. Or there is a "normal" way to deal with motion blur. Since it is very rare to need 18 stops, you can set different HDR settings... like +3 stops, +4 stops, etc.

You are really going to love this. We are working with the Foundry for the HDRx mode. Graeme and the Foundry boys make a powerful combination.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Banned
    It would be nice to see a frame or two.

Fully baked.
    So it is not 18 stops, but at least 18 stops.
    Correct?
    Rent 5K for $500/day - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-X, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20".

Green Screen Studio (with Reflecmedia), Kino 8'4/4'4/2'4' Kit, Arri Kit, Lite Panel kit, EZ-JIB + VZ Remote Head, Indie-Dolly kit, Cine-Slider, Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis (soon)

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 9 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Interesting...

Sounds way cool, so you can tune in 3 stops and shoot?

Will this be independent of ISO settings?

Actually: Will latitude generally be protectet as far as possible, independently of ISO settings?

Graeme is a powerfull combination all on his own. + Foundry = extramagic? -:)

The MX in the Epic is the same as in the R1 MX, right?

Does that mean that they allow for the same amount of intensity of light before they blow, but that the Epic MX will have the additional stops in the lowlights, so that you' must stack additional ND to have full effect of the added DR?

Or is there some kind "nd" prior to the sensor, to allow for more intense light before it blows?

Just curious. Really cannot wait to use the Epic.
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://blog.gunleik.com

Dragon short: "Sweet..." https://vimeo.com/74358938

Current Indiegogo Campaign: #godtnorsk:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/godtnorsk/x/541483

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnycom View Post
    It would be nice to see a frame or two.
    We have a ton of engineering footage. But we want to reveal HDRx in a "knock your socks off" way. Give us a bit to shoot some footage that is worthy of "here it is"... :-)

I will tell you that EPIC is the resolution leader. EPIC is the dynamic range leader. EPIC is the bang for buck leader. And EPIC is the size/performance leader. Actually... IMHO EPIC is, well Epic.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I have an EPIC here with me and I just don't need anything else. The "if I just had ____ (fill in the blank) is gone. I just might retire on this one and go to Fiji.

BTW... I have an EPIC with side SSD that shoots 5K at any REDCODE I want up to 250. It also shoot 120fps at 2.33:1. It weighs less than nothing. I LOVE it. I don't want anything more...

Jim

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunleik Groven View Post
    Sounds way cool, so you can tune in 3 stops and shoot?
    Yes.

We think 3 will probably be the most common.

Do you guys EVER sleep?
    8 bit is gravel. 12 bit is sand. 16 bit is fluid.

Banned
    I can't wait. One of the hard things about HDR is it makes things look perfectly lit, you almost have to show a BTS of how difficult the shot really was.