Thread: Vision III Imaging

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Vision III Imaging 
    Someone showed me a demo of a new stereoscopic technology called V3D, which uses two scanning irises, that rotate. It was some of the best 3D I have ever seen and I am not a fan of 3D. I was told that they used two reds in their demo. I was wondering if anyone has heard about or seen this technology?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian McDonough View Post
    Someone showed me a demo of a new stereoscopic technology called V3D, which uses two scanning irises, that rotate. It was some of the best 3D I have ever seen and I am not a fan of 3D. I was told that they used two reds in their demo. I was wondering if anyone has heard about or seen this technology?
    We shot that footage and we provide their technology for rental. email me Mark (at) offhollywoodny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    We shot that footage and we provide their technology for rental. email me Mark (at) offhollywoodny.com
    Even for the far east - lim

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Wah Lim View Post
    Even for the far east - lim
    Anything for you Lim!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    Mark,

Anywhere I can get more info on this technology, is it an add on to existing 3D systems, a system all unto itself, what is it exactly? I'm interested.
    Rudi Herbert

www.UnderwaterCinema.com

A site about the equipment and techniques of the art of underwater cinematography

They are Modified lenses with replacement Iris's that rotate with an amplitude and frequency control.
    I believe in an S3D setup they rotate conversely to phase cancel the rotation while still getting the proper Parallax scan.

We shot with the V3 MOE lenses which is a single lens 2D system with scanning Iris as well. While it isn't an "every scenario" lens, when used properly it can have a stunning effect.
    We will post the video we directed with it to this thread and a separate one in a week or so.

Def worth checking out. Feel free to PM me for any more info.
    Jason Diamond
    The Diamond Bros.
    @jasondiamond

2 Dragon's avail and ready to fly.

Rocket-X's

Leica-R Duclos Cinemod 16,19,24,28,35,50,60,80,90,100,135,180
    Avail NYC and anywhere trains, planes and automobiles go.

Here is some more info the demo video explains it's concept: http://www.inv3.com/smithsonian/v3_i...view_page.html

The system (not used in a stereo shooting scenario) has been around for some time... I can't remember when I first looked at it but it was over 5+ years ago.

If anyone downloads the single lens clips to check out on their computer I would heavily advise watching with one eye closed... It is oddly, but understandably, far more effective (when played on a computer screen at typical distances) when you only use one eye.

regards

Michael