Thread: Reputable Sales Agent(s) in Toronto?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Reputable Sales Agent(s) in Toronto? 
    I was hoping some Canadian-based REDusers could recommend me/us a couple of reputable sales agents in the Toronto area. Preferably a company or agent you've dealt with directly or had recommended to you.

We're currently in the finishing stages of our latest project and we've decided to at least look into getting a professional/dedicated sales agent to handle the selling aspect of the movie (plus we don't want to get bogged down with selling since we've already got another project to work on.)

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Okay, that didn't work.

...Would anyone have any insight on where to start looking? I've come across a couple, but they seem to be more interested in documentaries.

None of us are eager to post our contacts on the Internet. That would be DEEPLY stupid.

However, best way is through referrals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ruffo View Post
    None of us are eager to post our contacts on the Internet. That would be DEEPLY stupid.
    REVIVED! Or is it more 'Walking Dead' than 'revival'?

I guess PMing is pretty much exactly the same, right? You mean that no one will want to put their own reputation with their contacts on the line by giving their contacts info to a random person, right?

However, best way is through referrals.
    Oh, the irony. Chicken or the egg. Rock and a hard place. Are there even any Toronto based sales agents that look at unsolicited material? What about suggesting agencies that people have worked with before, rather than direct and specific contact information? I have no problem sending a CV/letter or something with the logline/synopsis in the hopes that it'll spark some interest.