Thread: 3D rig from film factory...

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiTek View Post
    I love it when someone randomly makes a statement about a part without the knowledge.
    What exactly does"better" mean here?
    flatter(and how flat)? coated(what coatings), any other considerations?
    or just spend $500-5000 and hope it works?
    lovely.......
    I second that. I know that the glass can be much better, but i don't want to spend 2000€ without be sure that it's bettet than my 500€ glass. I don't know if coating or flatter, i know difereces between left and right images. More diferences for me is a worst glass, less diferences, better glass.
    I don't test any other stereo glass, maybe the glass of 3d film factory is better than the glass of p+s. A side by side can reveal this, but... Who make this comparison?.

I think the best that 3d film factory can do is supply a better glass as expensive price.

Saludos,

Jose.

I love it when someone randomly makes a statement about a part without the knowledge.
    What exactly does"better" mean here?
    flatter(and how flat)? coated(what coatings), any other considerations?
    or just spend $500-5000 and hope it works?
    lovely.......
    Sorry...I didn't mean to make any statement about quality. I though he wanted options of mirror replacement. I thought I'd show a few links and he could research them and see if any of these options are "better" for him. In no way did I mean to portray anything as any "better" than anything else. If I did, Im sorry not my intentions I was just trying to show some options. Ha ill keep shut in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Petrie View Post
    Ha ill keep shut in the future.
    No, you shouldn't. For your information, your first link will make me try that route. wtf!
    I think Mr. Red W. Lcd might even try to supply something to work. What about a solution there?

W. = Workaround

Ha well I edited to remove any "opinions". They had a point tho b/c I used "I'd call" which can be interpreted as it's better when what I meant and should have said was "You could call"

There's no alternative to the 3D film factory rig as far as price goes.

6. #16 not you Brian 
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Petrie View Post
    Sorry...I didn't mean to make any statement about quality. I though he wanted options of mirror replacement. I thought I'd show a few links and he could research them and see if any of these options are "better" for him. In no way did I mean to portray anything as any "better" than anything else. If I did, Im sorry not my intentions I was just trying to show some options. Ha ill keep shut in the future.
    Brian, it has nothing to do with you. This is highly technical issue and should be dealt with a such. There are optical specs that define the resulting image quality very precisely. I'm merely implying that due diligence is the key here. Time and money spent on research, online and otherwise is crucial.
    1. Define the problem in technical terms. If you can't define yourself find someone that will define it for you.
    2. Determine what technical aspects (specs)of the beam splitter are causing it. Again, if you can't do it yourself find (and possibly pay) someone that will do it for you
    3. Obtain the related specifications for the beam splitter. If the vendor can't supply the specs don't even bother- they are unable(unwilling?) to support their product.
    4. Compare these specs to competitive products and make purchase decision. Based on compromise you can live with vs your budget.
    If the competitive product vendors can't supply the specs don't bother with them either- see above....
    I know it's easier said than done but please!!!!! don't let marketing buzz take your money-keep your money and your sanity.....
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lomeña View Post
    I have it, now i'm installing it with 2x redone. In days i can make a better report.

For now... do you know where i can find a better glass?
    Hi all,

Ian Herring from Parallax Film Productions here. Saw Cristina posted our blog review of one of 3D Film Factory’s rigs:

http://parallaxfilm.wordpress.com/20...ter-indie-rig/

Jose – we actually broke one of our two mirrors for our rig last week. We contacted 3D Film Factory and they’re selling us another one for cheap … but overall we’ve found a few problems with the mirrors:

1)The first mirror we got “stock” with the rig yielded colour, light and clarity disparities between the two cameras we mounted; and

2)Attaching the mirror to the rig without breaking it’s a mission (see: we broke it). If it’s too tight it will crack, but if it’s too loose it will slide off when you position it at a 45 degree angle. Very tough to find the sweet spot … and the sweet spot’s different for both the mirrors we have.

Specifics in today’s blog:
    http://parallaxfilm.wordpress.com/20...mirror-issues/

Do you need a new mirror because it broke, or because you’re having similar QC issues?

I see some others recommend buying from another company … I can weigh in on ordering from 3D Film Factory when the mirror comes in and we’ve had a chance to test it.

Of note: we’re actually using the Indie rig, not the Mini. Though I suspect the mirrors come from the same source. Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Herring View Post
    or because you?re having similar QC issues?
    QC?

By the way, what's your impressions on the quality?
    Any problems with color temperature (mirror), inter ocular distance or convergence?
    ________
    BUY DIGITAL SCALE

QC?
    QC= Quality Control

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Herring View Post
    Hi all,

Ian Herring from Parallax Film Productions here. Saw Cristina posted our blog review of one of 3D Film Factory’s rigs:

http://parallaxfilm.wordpress.com/20...ter-indie-rig/

Jose – we actually broke one of our two mirrors for our rig last week. We contacted 3D Film Factory and they’re selling us another one for cheap … but overall we’ve found a few problems with the mirrors:

1)The first mirror we got “stock” with the rig yielded colour, light and clarity disparities between the two cameras we mounted; and

2)Attaching the mirror to the rig without breaking it’s a mission (see: we broke it). If it’s too tight it will crack, but if it’s too loose it will slide off when you position it at a 45 degree angle. Very tough to find the sweet spot … and the sweet spot’s different for both the mirrors we have.

Specifics in today’s blog:
    http://parallaxfilm.wordpress.com/20...mirror-issues/

Do you need a new mirror because it broke, or because you’re having similar QC issues?

I see some others recommend buying from another company … I can weigh in on ordering from 3D Film Factory when the mirror comes in and we’ve had a chance to test it.

Of note: we’re actually using the Indie rig, not the Mini. Though I suspect the mirrors come from the same source. Does anyone know?
    I don't have problems with the mount of the mirror, but i think it can be better. My rig is the pro bs, the bigger.
    My problems are with the QC. The mirror image have too much ghost.

I think there are a lot of great 3d professionals in this board that can help us to decide a better mirror bassed in his experience.
    Anyone?