Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Bad reactions to DSLR comments on Reduser

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    I look forward into the near future thru a series of logical deductions that tell me technology is bringing great digital machinery
    to everyone cheaply. Whether it is RED, DSLR or whatever it doesn't matter who. What matters is how to stand out.
    It is then that I realize that the only thing that will be worth a damn is your reel.
    J.Davis
    jdMAX.com

2. #52 $700 T1i 
    My T1i weights about 1lb or less takes gorgeus 15mpix stills and lasts o... 5 hrs on a tiny battery. Why would I want a 30+k camera with a 6 lb prime hanging on it to do the same thing as far as still photography goes? oh and the $700 1 lb package includes a kit zoom lens...
    IMO Epic is an incredible achievement in digital cinematography- no questions about it.
    For stills- not so much.......
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by David Battistella View Post
    Look at all the Mag covers being shot on RED. Best camera for emerging media.

David

Amen to that. Digital signage and event staging will drive high resolution motion picture demand ahead of entertainment. There were multiple examples of videowalls, seamless multi-projector setups and such at Infocomm last week with screen resolutions in excess of 10 megapixels. This should be a natural market for Red shooters.
    Digital Projection was showing off a vertical format 3-projector seamless overlap rear projection display for high end signage apps using their new WXUXGA ( these acronyms are getting ridiculous) native 2560 x 1620 projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by OptiTek View Post
    My T1i weights about 1lb or less takes gorgeus 15mpix stills and lasts o... 5 hrs on a tiny battery. Why would I want a 30+k camera with a 6 lb prime hanging on it to do the same thing as far as still photography goes? oh and the $700 1 lb package includes a kit zoom lens...
    IMO Epic is an incredible achievement in digital cinematography- no questions about it.
    For stills- not so much.......
    What would you use if you had 20 minutes with a celebrity and a canon or Nikon mount with your EPIC?

Think professional here.

David
    "Love's Labour's lost"
    Battistella

5. #55 How many? 
    And how many of the photogs that own canons get 20 mins with a celebrity?
    and how many of them need a 5K motion camera that will shoot footage good enough for theatrical? And how many will have access to editing bay? Colorist?
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Dude,

HAve you noticed RC-X i cross platform and there is a little button that lets you pull a 58MB tiff in about 1 second.

I'm not going to be baited into your argumentiviness.

Fashion photography will be a BIG player with EPIC.

David
    "Love's Labour's lost"
    Battistella

7. #57 Let's. Move. On. 
    I'm so tired of this discussion I can't even believe it's still of interest to anyone. We all know what these cameras are and are not capable of. Let's move on.
    David Fuller
    AirStream Pictures
    Portland, ME; Boston, MA
    EPIC-M #1053

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Heh heh... I'm surprised that so many people are reading posts from Reduser! :-) Wow.

Clarification #1. I think that Canon should be embarrassed about pretending that line-skipping is good enough when they have the capability to do much more. I'm sure they will in the near future. Until then, they are delivering much less than they are capable of... which is one of the reasons I started this company. No one in this industry seems to move unless they are forced to.

Clarification #2. No shooting professional has to justify what equipment they use... only their results.

If people want to correctly point out our flaws as a company, they will only be joining my previous admissions. We have no idea what we are doing. We are always late.

On the other hand, I would bet that no company in any industry cares more about their customers than RED does. We have taught the industry about free upgrades, trade ins and customer service at 3am. We have set a new standard for direct communication with our customers, a standard that other companies are trying to figure out how to emulate.

I don't have any problem with someone pointing out that I have no idea what I am doing... I have said that all along. But it is curious that the industry is falling in line to "be like RED". All I can say is ... "don't do it. You are following the wrong guy." :-)

If these other websites are going to post my comments, I certainly hope they will post this one without edit.

BTW... we have taken a lesson from Apple. We will no longer discuss what we are doing until we are done.

Jim
    Last edited by Jannard; 06-18-2010 at 08:27 PM.
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Well said Jim!! Say no more ;~)

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    I don't have any problem with someone pointing out that I have no idea what I am doing... I have said that all along.
    Hehe.

BTW... we have taken a lesson from Apple. We will no longer discuss what we are doing until we are done.
    Well, let me ask you this: will we still have an ability to suggest features, specs for new cameras, ideas for functions, etc? Being told 2 years in advance about a forthcoming camera I can do without, but I have always loved that we have the ability to throw out ideas here, and that sometimes, they actually seem to get adopted. Maybe some type of more robust "Suggestions & Ideas" forum?