Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Bug...

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Moretti View Post
    I'm really not. Red needs broader distribution and retailers. Red also needs manufacturing facilities. And, if this whole DSMC concept is still going forward, Red needs still imaging technology to be able to viably compete w/ the other DSLR makers.

Nikon, on the other hand, could sure use a presence in the video and digital cinema world. They are getting their a$$ kicked by Canon in the vDSLR market. And Nikon seems to have little internal knowledge of the cinema world. Nikon could also make a line of digital cinema lenses, instead of everyone using retrofitted or old Nikkors.

Red is not equipped as company to make, sell, market or support a camera for the masses. Now it looks like Red has backed away somewhat from the goal of selling Scarlets to soccer moms. So maybe they can pull off Scarlet in its current incarnation. But if Red wants to go head-to-head in the DSLR market, Red will need help.
    Good thing you don't work for RED then. Not only do I disagree, I think you are making some bold and dangerous assumptions here. Look, RED has admitted they have a firmware bug in the flagship camera and the Scarlet is based on its success. The mass manufacturing partner fallout would be an issue regardless of that bug.

Sorry dude, but if I were RED, I would be insulted by your suggestion. Especially as it appears little thought was put into it.
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Matthes View Post
    Jim,

Do you feel that the Epic/Scarlet firmware issue and/or the manufacturing speed bump will have any effect of the release of the new "Bomb" EVF?
    The Bomb EFV is minutes away.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    The only difference between us and the rest of the industry is that we are talking along the way. If we kept silent about the process and our targets, we would be just like the others. I now can understand why they do it like they do. But I still prefer to keep an open dialog.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

Nikon, could sure use a presence in the video and digital cinema world. They are getting a$$ kicked by Canon in the vDSLR market.
    Boy ... you can say that again.

With the amount of high quality Nikon glass out there, it is amazing that the D3S is the best vDSLR they have to offer the market thus far.

Frankly, I think the best hope for that glass is an Epic with a Red (US) made Nikon mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The Bomb EFV is minutes away.

Jim
    It would not be nice to kid a desperate EVF-less Red One user.

This is exciting!

Red is not equipped as company to make, sell, market or support a camera for the masses.
    Has "the masses" ever been their intention?

Now it looks like Red has backed away somewhat from the goal of selling Scarlets to soccer moms.
    Again, soccer moms? Was that who Scarlet was designed for? I surely doubt it.

But if Red wants to go head-to-head in the DSLR market, Red will need help.
    As I understand it, Red will never go "head to head" with the DSLR market. It will be cutting it's own path a few hundred miles up the road. Comparing a Red camera to a currently available Nikon or Canon is just plain... well... ludicrous.

I'm with Tim on this one. What are you smoking?

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Anderson View Post
    Has "the masses" ever been their intention?

Again, soccer moms? Was that who Scarlet was designed for? I surely doubt it.

As I understand it, Red will never go "head to head" with the DSLR market. It will be cutting it's own path a few hundred miles up the road. Comparing a Red camera to a currently available Nikon or Canon is just plain... well... ludicrous.

I'm with Tim on this one. What are you smoking?
    I fully expect the DSLR mfgs to get it right at some point. Make a non-line-skipping 4K camera. At that point, the difference will be RAW 5K and 6K vs. whatever they make. Until then, a line-skipping 1080P camera is just not in the running for a pro camera. Can you make OK images with a line-skipping 1080P camera? Sure. Should you be embarrassed? Yes. We are not in that business.

I saw the Canon commercial about shooting "motion stills". They should be ashamed. Just try to take a still from their motion 1080P capture...

Jim

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Again... we have no intention to be the biggest camera company in the world... only the best.

Jim

W/ attitude to match! Much love

This is an honest question:
    Do you feel that an open dialog has gained you more respect among the smaller insider group and a bit more chiding amongst the larger arena?

Not a judgmental question at all as I consider my self among the former, but it does affect the public viewing of the company and what it wants to accomplish vs what it can or has accomplish(ed) under certain time lines.

Hoping the bug has found the roach motel.... glad you're back.
    Jason Diamond
    The Diamond Bros.
    @jasondiamond

2 Dragon's avail and ready to fly.

Rocket-X's

Leica-R Duclos Cinemod 19,24,28,35,50,60,80,90,100,135,180
    Avail NYC and anywhere trains, planes and automobiles go.