Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Bug...

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Here's my idea ....
    Eliminate all programming which is responsible for still image output. Only write firmware for movie footage. For the time being don't worry about the Epic being a movie camera and a digital still camera. Only include the code necessary for movie footage ... and see if the bug remains. We can live without digital stills ... there are other solutions for that at this time. No one would buy an Epic if it didn't have movie capabilities, that's what we all want.
    Maybe have two separate paths in the firmware and a user choice selector ... one firmware path for stills ... and another firmware path for motion ... make it totally separate logically. Produce the Epic with movie capabilities, with digital still capability to follow .... (the fact that I know nothing about the problem won't stop me from offering solutions)

Jim,

Glad you're back and feeling better.

Understanding and patience is easy to give when I know the possible outcome of the new camera. Can't wait to see what's to come!

Thanks for everything.
    Dave Weber

MX 801 "Lucky"
    EPIC-X 268 "THE X"

www.imaginationwerks.com

"You can't depend on your Eyes when your Imagination is out of Focus"
    Mark Twain

Hi Jim. We're all glad you're back and giving us the straight info on the Epics and Scarlets. Above all, we're glad you're feeling better.

Glad to have you back, even if to dispense news that in the grand scheme is worse for you than us. It is just a bug, way more glad to hear you are doing better health-wise.

REMEMBER... EPIC may be EPIC, but its just a camera Jim. Health is more important that kicking anyone's ass... and M-X sensor is allowing us to raise the bar and really is an incredible innovation. I am landing NEW customers everyday with the M-X.

TAKE YOUR TIME TO GET EPIC and SCARLET RIGHT. LETS FACE IT The economy is still reeling, and none of us are going anywhere. The Gulf Oil Spill takes the cake for the worst news ever... the fact you are still alive after discovering the BUG, is the best news :)
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Good to see you back healthy. :)

I'm glad to hear that you are back in action and on top of the situation- thanks for the heads up. Just don't let this firmware issue cause you health problems - as no piece of tech / kit is worth a shortened life.

If anyone can get it sorted out, it is your team- I'm looking forward to hearing about the conquering of this problem, and the Epic program moving forward. :)
    Cheers,
    Ryan E. Walters
    Cinematographer
    www.ryanewalters.com - Tutorials - IMDB - Twitter - REEL
    Specializing in Digital Cinematography

"Too often people get caught up in the technical end of things ... They are missing the point completely. This way there is no proper input of individual personality." Vittorio Storaro, ASC, AIC.

Whirlpool GC5SHAXVS / WFW9400SZ / GFE471LVS / GU3600XTVY / GH7208XRS / WFW9400SZ / WED9750WW / GLS3665RS / and on back order, but expected in soon MTKS-230-C

Jim ...glad to see you up and about. As for any delays, damn i guess ill just have to shoot R1MX a bit longer...; )

be well...
    sergio Arguello:
    Epic-M 459,Epic-X 751
    RED Rocket™™™

sergioarguello.net

Glad to see you back on the forum. It will be worth the wait.
    www.twitter.com/pcecilian
    Local 600 DIT
    3D dude

This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional bloodsport. And it can happen to you. And then it can happen to you again.

Full throttle does not win Le Mans.

This is just a camera. There is life to be lived as well. Glad your health is ok.

Good luck bug hunting!
    Jonas

Showreel

Welcome back jim , I am 100% behind you and your team , committed to the scarlet camera and will be patiently waiting for its release .Hope the firmware bug can be found soon . Please don't stress you have already made an amazing camera . thanks so much Graham