Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Titanium...

Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay A. Kelley View Post
    I am reminded of the Ti "R" I got when I first reserved my RED ONE.. Talk about coming full circle.

Jay
    Thanks Jay

for such an excellent remind.

Titanium "R#694" shot on R1-MX #694 with Carl Zeiss Olympia Sonnar 180mm f/2.8 @ f/7.0, ISO 800, shutter 1/50, AWB, no filters.

Titanium "R#694" shot on R1-MX #694 with Carl Zeiss Olympia Sonnar 180mm f/2.8 @ f/7.0, ISO 800, shutter 1/50, AWB, no filters.

"There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

Cool! Like the titanium a lot. If it breaks, the lens mount will take the damage. Now we need lenses with titanium mount!
    JJ

STAGE 2: Keep your RED ONE and get EPIC-X Stage 2 package ( RESERVATIONS CLOSED - Awaiting completion of Stage 1 )

Cameras only eligible if invoiced by RED or having completed the official RED ownership transfer process on or before October 29, 2009.
    Keep your RED ONE and serial number is executed. "Executed" means not eligible for any other trade-in offers/credits.
    Cameras with voided warranties are not eligible for ANY trade-in offers/credits.
    Reservation period over. Payment for Stage 2 deposits due by June 1, 2010. Deposit is $5000 per camera executed for Stage 2.
    Cost is $28,000 less $8500 to keep your RED ONE. Net price of $19,500 and comes with: 1x S35 MYSTERIUM-X brain with PL mount, 1x 5" LCD, 1x REDMOTE, 1x Side CF Module, 1x Module Adaptor, 1x Base I/O Module, 1x Pro Battery Module, 2x REDVOLT standard batteries, and 1x travel charger. NOTE: Upgrades available for select monitoring options and modules. i.e 1x Base I/O Module can be upgraded to PRO I/O Module by paying price difference. Details as we get closer.
    RED ONE M-X Upgrade price of $4500 (normally $5750).
    You must take delivery within 30 days from notification that your order is ready for delivery. Notification order based on R1 Delivery date
    Should we assume that the Epic X comes with an aluminum mount? Sorry if this was made clear earlier.
    Bob Rudis
    White Plains, NY
    www.bobrudis.com

Senior Member Jens Jakob Thorsen's Avatar
    I would like a lens mount cut out from a single piece of diamond. I know it would be expensive, but the coolfactor would more than make up for that. Plus it would be hard as a rock!
    Jens Jakob Thorsen DFF
    Director of photography
    Denmark
    www.jensjakob.com
    mail@jensjakob.com
    Helium S35

I want the entire camera made of play-dough...

Then I can truely make it whatever I want...

Except, it should come with a "Ti" mount.. This will keep people from giving me shit.

Jay

LOL, you are too funny Jay!

I nomimate Jay for president. LOL

All jokes Aside..

I believe that every tool has its place, so before taking delivery of my EPIC-X I will be sure to discuss with RED my choices, as I trust their advise in what Mount should I choose to go with based on the use that the camera will see, and I Strongly suggest every one else to do the same, and not to just get the Titanium to look cool, and or not get the Titanium because it costs more, and then find out the HARD way that you should have gotten the Titanium mount do to the extremes of were your camera was meant to go, and you skipped to save money and now have a damaged Aluminum mount and are with no camera for your work as the camera is at Red for repair, loosing you Income, just MO.

that mount is a work of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Coatney View Post
    Titanium reacts to other compounds easily. It might be okay for a lens mount, but I would hesitate in using it as a chassis material. Regardless of the practicalities of cost in manufacturing, Titanium requires maintenance. It can't come into contact with ordinary tap water, so you have to clean it using distilled water or you get surface pitting. Try keeping such contaminants off the body itself in normal use. I'd like to see a solid carbon body.
    Jeff, I have no idea where you're getting this from. Titanium is used all the time in wet, normally corrosive environments b/c it is non-recativity. E.g. inside people for hip replacements, spine supports, head plates. I'd like to see a distilled H2O human body.