Thread: RED available in Tokyo?

Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 RED available in Tokyo? 
    Hey redusers. I'm on holiday from L.A. and thought I'd shoot a short festival piece here in Tokyo. My writers back home are putting together the screenplay, which is shaping up quite nicely, and I've got some local talent and crew on board.

    I was originally planning to shoot on my 5DmkII, but then it occurred to me, "Hey, I shoot almost exclusively on RED at home, why not continue the tradition here?"

    Thus, any RED owners want to get their hands dirty in the next two weeks? :)

    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Noah Kadner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,805
    Do you mean- are there REDs for rent in Tokyo- sure. Or are you asking for a free camera? That can be a tall order anywhere in the world...

    Noah
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Paul Leeming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    2,299
    Hey Kingsly, shoot me an email or PM with contact info. Our Red is currently in LA getting the new Mysterium-X sensor, I expect it to be home with us in a week or so if that gels with your production schedule.

    Cheers,

    Paul
    Paul Leeming
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer/Stereographer
    Visceral Psyche Films

    www.visceralpsyche.com

    Mobile: +81 (0)80 8439 4635
    Twitter:
    @visceralpsyche

    Facebook: Paul Leeming

    Epic-X #135 DRAGON (New OLPF)

    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    I have RED ONE and Birger mount.
    http://www.rklab.net/index/kizai.html
    Sorry, japanese page but thiere is a photo.

    SIM handle, EVF, 7" LCD, etc.
    http://www.rklab.net/index/blog/119.html
    Thanks.
    Ryota Kurata

    Japanese Digital Cinema BBS
    http://d-cinema.jp/bbs/index.php
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Leeming View Post
    Hey Kingsly, shoot me an email or PM with contact info. Our Red is currently in LA getting the new Mysterium-X sensor, I expect it to be home with us in a week or so if that gels with your production schedule.

    Cheers,

    Paul
    PM'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryota Kurata View Post
    I have RED ONE and Birger mount.
    http://www.rklab.net/index/kizai.html
    Sorry, japanese page but thiere is a photo.

    SIM handle, EVF, 7" LCD, etc.
    http://www.rklab.net/index/blog/119.html
    Thanks.
    My reading level is around that of a five-year-old! Is it the EF mount? I've got a plethora of EF lenses from 11 to 200 mm so that would be ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Kadner View Post
    Do you mean- are there REDs for rent in Tokyo- sure. Or are you asking for a free camera? That can be a tall order anywhere in the world...

    Noah
    Figure it can't hurt to ask. They've been free on all my other projects (then again, L.A. is pretty saturated with bodies...). If not, well, back to 5DmkII then!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Paul Leeming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    2,299
    Hmmm, I haven't got any PMs in my inbox?

    Send me an email via my website contact page and I can respond with more.

    We have the Birger EF mount too so no worries on that score!

    Cheers,

    Paul
    Paul Leeming
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer/Stereographer
    Visceral Psyche Films

    www.visceralpsyche.com

    Mobile: +81 (0)80 8439 4635
    Twitter:
    @visceralpsyche

    Facebook: Paul Leeming

    Epic-X #135 DRAGON (New OLPF)

    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Sorry Paul, I typed it and hit send but closed my computer before it had a chance to go through!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Paul Leeming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    2,299
    It's ok I got it now, thx :)
    Paul Leeming
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer/Stereographer
    Visceral Psyche Films

    www.visceralpsyche.com

    Mobile: +81 (0)80 8439 4635
    Twitter:
    @visceralpsyche

    Facebook: Paul Leeming

    Epic-X #135 DRAGON (New OLPF)

    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts