Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Beta REDCODE QT Codec v4.1

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Beta REDCODE QT Codec v4.1 
    * Beta REDCODE QuickTime codec, v4.1 for Mac OSX : http://red.cachefly.net/redcinex/REDCODE_QT_v41_b1.zip

WARNING: AS THESE ARE BETA BUILDS, THEY ARE RECOMMENDED FOR PREVIEW AND TESTING PURPOSES ONLY. THEY ARE NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON COMMERCIAL PRODUCTIONS.

Installation instructions:

1) if needed extract the downloaded zip file by double clicking on it

2) copy the now extracted REDCODE.QT.component to the /Library/QuickTime folder to overwrite the old codec

It is possible the REDCODE QuickTime codec is in use by the system. In this case you will have to reboot the system before installation will succeed.

In case you need to go back to an older REDCODE QuickTime codec you can find these here : http://www.red.com/support

Change list:

New Features:
    - Support for latest RED ONE camera firmware version
    - Upgraded the codec to the latest color science version. Old footage WILL look different from any previous release. If you need to keep the old you can install the older codec which can be found here : http://www.red.com/support
    - You can now change gamma space, color space, ISO, FLUT, Shadow, DRX, curves and lift / gamma / gain by (re)generating your QuickTime reference files with the latest REDCINE-X build (build 221 found here : http://reduser.net/forum/showthread....146#post584146)

A new Final Cut Studio installer with an updated Log & Transfer plugin, this codec and the latest Apple Color REDCODE plugin will be released shortly on our support site.
    ROBCODE Santa Claus @ RED

"You get the chicken by waiting for the egg to hatch, not by smashing it with a hammer" - Jarred

Senior Member Dominique Grenier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lohman View Post
    - You can now change gamma space, color space, ISO, FLUT™, Shadow, DRX, curves and lift / gamma / gain by (re)generating your QuickTime reference files with the latest REDCINE-X build (build 221 found here : http://reduser.net/forum/showthread....146#post584146)
    Hey, I must be blind, but I don't find where or how to do that? And yes I've downloaded the latest version... :-)
    Dominique Grenier
    LumeniSTUDIO
    @lumenistudio
    lumenistudio.com

Senior Member Dominique Grenier's Avatar
    Oops, nevermind, should have looked further. Found it in the export settings.
    Dominique Grenier
    LumeniSTUDIO
    @lumenistudio
    lumenistudio.com

- You can now change gamma space, color space, ISO, FLUT™™, Shadow, DRX, curves and lift / gamma / gain by (re)generating your QuickTime reference files with the latest REDCINE-X build (build 221 found here : http://reduser.net/forum/showthread....146#post584146)

A new Final Cut Studio installer with an updated Log & Transfer plugin, this codec and the latest Apple Color REDCODE plugin will be released shortly on our support site.
    so many things are happening in the same time, can't keep up, but I will.
    Thanks,

I've installed the new Quicktime codec and attached 3 images

The first a grab from from the R3D the second a 1K render and the third the quicktime proxy. Clearly the Quicktime codec doesn't match the other two...yet.

Local 669 DIT
    Current Production:Unspeakable (DIT)

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Hi Noah, I'll look into that when I get back from NAB, however it looks like it might be a QuickTime gamma issue?

Is this QT X or 7 you're looking at?
    ROBCODE Santa Claus @ RED

"You get the chicken by waiting for the egg to hatch, not by smashing it with a hammer" - Jarred

Rob,

Peter Majtan and I will do the test on our side, too.
    Kaku Ito/dittok

Weapon Helium 8K S35
    , Epic-M DRAGON, Epic-X, RED ONE, Motion Mount EF, Canon Ti Mount, Nikon Alu Mount, almost all Sigma EF lenses, RED ROCKET X, DaVinci Resolve, Dell XPS15 wiith Razer Core, MacBook Pro 13inch Retina, Fully loaded PC Workstation, Calman with Klein probe.

dittok One Stop RAW Visual Production Service

If you are going to Prores it should not be a problem. I have found that the problem lies with DVCPRO HD or Uncompressed QT.

Which codec are you rendering too. I know that with Prores 4444 you need to set the gamma and not leave it at automatic.

These are QT codec issues, just because you hand off a gamma to QT it does not mean that the specific codec will use that GAMMA. Trial and error until QT gets on this.

David
    "Colors are the wounds of light."
    -William Blake

Quicktime 7 with final cut color compatibility on.
    '
    Hi Noah, I'll look into that when I get back from NAB, however it looks like it might be a QuickTime gamma issue?

Is this QT X or 7 you're looking at?
    Local 669 DIT
    Current Production:Unspeakable (DIT)

Is there any other solution if I don't wanna reboot my system? The system is using old REDCODE.
    EPIC-X RED ONE# 5764 M-X #6437 #6438 M-X #6439 #6672 #6673 #6674 M-X #7472 M-X #7473 M-X
    SCRATCH V6.0 ON MAC / DAVINCI RESOLVE ON MAC / SMOKE ON MAC / FLAME LINUX / RED ROCKET / SSD /BOMB EVF/ E.T. Quasar 3D RIG / Radius System / 3CP DIT System /
    HONG PLACE VISION
    Beijing China
    www.yingshiqicai.com