Thread: REDuser Event Pictures (Working EPIC!&%!!)

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    wow thanks for pics!
    Pleeease get me out of this 8 bit world!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Rogers View Post
    Some of my thoughts seeing these pictures are...

How they have the LCD attached to the camera sucks. I don't know about the rest of you all, but I LOVE having the RED LCD attached via the arm instead of this hard mount. The arm is just FAR more flexible than what they seem to have made here.

The cable position on both the LCD AND the camera body seems to be very awkward also. Look at how the cable coming out of the body is getting in the way of the lens. It really needs to be in a better place and have a right angle coming out of the body.

Can you remove the handgrip from the side of the camera body? It seems like something I would never use and only get in the way. I guess it's good if you are doing stills or really small handheld work, but I doubt I am going to be doing either with this camera. Even if I wanted to do hand held work with it, that's not the kind of grip I would want to hold a close to 10lb rig with (3-5 lbs for body/module/battery/media, and 5-7 lbs for a RED prime.)

Matthew

it's probably only 1 of the many configurations you have. I have no doubt that the LCD can thread into a swing arm like your used to no problem. It shouldn't be an issue.

How they have the LCD attached to the camera sucks. I don't know about the rest of you all, but I LOVE having the RED LCD attached via the arm instead of this hard mount. The arm is just FAR more flexible than what they seem to have made here.

The cable position on both the LCD AND the camera body seems to be very awkward also. Look at how the cable coming out of the body is getting in the way of the lens. It really needs to be in a better place and have a right angle coming out of the body.

Can you remove the handgrip from the side of the camera body? It seems like something I would never use and only get in the way. I guess it's good if you are doing stills or really small handheld work, but I doubt I am going to be doing either with this camera. Even if I wanted to do hand held work with it, that's not the kind of grip I would want to hold a close to 10lb rig with (3-5 lbs for body/module/battery/media, and 5-7 lbs for a RED prime.)

Matthew
    With the modular system, you can do anything. Even what you are asking. They don't have an expo to hold all of their millions of options.
    CINEPHOTOGRAPHER | DubaiFilm

INSTAGRAM | @JosephHutson

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

Jim handed me the working EPIC. WOOT!

Add me on Facebook to see more pictures than can post on RU at facebook.com/josephhutson

Album here... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=ba01f366d9
    CINEPHOTOGRAPHER | DubaiFilm

INSTAGRAM | @JosephHutson

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

Damn, Zac. Soooo jealous... ;)
    Jaime Vallés

AJV Media
    Video, photography & graphic design
    www.ajvmedia.com

Matthew

Just got away from chatting with Jim and asked your specific questions, he said in a nutshell, there are infinite ways to put the monitor where you want, stick it on, and an arm will be available... Don't you worry
    Salt Lake City based Colorist/DIT/DMT/AC originally from New England.

Questions so I can remember

HDR Mode
    SCarlet Focal length
    RED HMI?? Is it real?
    Keep replying with questions, I'm checking all the time
    Salt Lake City based Colorist/DIT/DMT/AC originally from New England.

Less important than the HMI but info on RedRay.
    Really appreciate it, know that your taking time out of looking yourself to do this for those of us not there.

Any info on when the Canon mount will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Zac C View Post
    Questions so I can remember

HDR Mode
    SCarlet Focal length
    RED HMI?? Is it real?
    Keep replying with questions, I'm checking all the time
    When will the REDSTATION be available?
    Do they have a ballpark estimate as far as Scarlet release date?
    Scarlet S35?
    Last edited by Sterling Wescott; 04-14-2010 at 04:00 PM.