Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Avid native R3D support...

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    This is really good news to the Avid crowd.

small Q.

is the render engine able to do 10 bit RGB? if so, are the effects (fades etc.) also rendered in 10 bit RGB?

export is limited to 1080p, right?
    red is not a color, it's a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Cüneyt Kaya View Post
    small Q.

is the render engine able to do 10 bit RGB? if so, are the effects (fades etc.) also rendered in 10 bit RGB?

export is limited to 1080p, right?
    Yes and yes.

It 's absolutely fantastic news, as I'm in love with both Red and Avid. The pain in the a__s to transcode had me searching ways to do it through Adobe, I 'm happy I can go on without. It was time for Avid to open up and listen and I think Red was a big contribution to it.
    So I can say THANK YOU JIM for changing the whole industry, I hope someday soon you change the world too.

this is great news indeed. i wonder how this will catch on, as the one issue i could think of is storage for all the .r3d files. how much more storage would a typical show be required to have when working with .r3d files natively? i wonder if this will hinder the acceptance of this method at all, especially when dealing with larger 5K, and/or higher bitrate (REDCode 100?) files?

great work by avid though. seems like they have been working hard to take a bit of a quantum leap in their workflow strategy. can't wait to see this in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parker View Post
    this is great news indeed. i wonder how this will catch on, as the one issue i could think of is storage for all the .r3d files. how much more storage would a typical show be required to have when working with .r3d files natively? i wonder if this will hinder the acceptance of this method at all, especially when dealing with larger 5K, and/or higher bitrate (REDCode 100?) files?

great work by avid though. seems like they have been working hard to take a bit of a quantum leap in their workflow strategy. can't wait to see this in action.

That's what huge isis/unity systems are for!!!!! The important thing is that the options is there, if you need some very fast turn arounds with Red footage, working with r3d directly will be your best option. Then u can clear some hard drive space and offload the footage elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parker View Post

for this i hope you will be able to get a proxy module with a offline codec.
    me for example, i am an all online fan...but i know some are not

I'm confused, does it give real time playback with out the red rocket? Besides speed of disks? If so, it'd be great. I hope apple has a big bang for Final Cut. They'll need it.
    Onset, Editorial, & Finishing. Proven.

REDnavel.com

Wow.

Really, should I go AVID???
    Looks like...

(Waiting for some Apple NAB news...)
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://blog.gunleik.com

Dragon short: "Sweet..." https://vimeo.com/74358938

Current Indiegogo Campaign: #godtnorsk:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/godtnorsk/x/541483

This is awesome.

I can all creative editing in Media Composer, directly importing R3Ds. I get the best creative editing toolset, most reponsive trim tool, etc.

For finishing, I go to a $999 DaVinci for picture and bring into Pro Tools LE (with 7.1 surround add on). What more do I want?

Bruce is a very very happy camper. I was experimenting with a hodgepodge of Adobe & Apple Color but hitting all of the usual gamma issues, etc.

I AM FREE AGAIN!

Bruce Allen
    www.boacinema.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Allen View Post
    This is awesome.

I can all creative editing in Media Composer, directly importing R3Ds. I get the best creative editing toolset, most reponsive trim tool, etc.

For finishing, I go to a $999 DaVinci for picture and bring into Pro Tools LE (with 7.1 surround add on). What more do I want?

Bruce is a very very happy camper. I was experimenting with a hodgepodge of Adobe & Apple Color but hitting all of the usual gamma issues, etc.

I AM FREE AGAIN!

Bruce Allen
    www.boacinema.com
    Bruce, you know i like your hackerish guerillaish opinions.
    is it true?
    indyworkflow?
    with rocket we can get realtime perfomance?
    how to monitor the davinci on mac?

but both doesnt have the rocket enabled for playback perfomance, so what are the limits?