Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Avid native R3D support...

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I need to get final word on real time single stream playback when Rocket Card is online. I don't believe that made it in this release. It really is for accelerated transcode and render when set to FULL in debayer settings.

Michael
    ‎"There are a thousand ways to point a camera, but really only one."
    Ernst Lubitsch

michael you just gave me a reason to switch to avid (never used it personnaly, only editors praised it for "workability")
    red is not a color, it's a camera.

I'm "still" not an AVID guy but that's a great news for RED community.
    "There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

...I just discovered AVID Meta Fuze the other day, and know this. Awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjin Jukic View Post
    same here but it's awesome to hear that red is pullin out all the stops.

Wooohooooo!!! That is great news. I would have HATED to have to use premier to get native R3Ds. Avid you rock! (As does Red.)

stefanchristou.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjin Jukic View Post
    It's really great for both Red & Avid. Anything that makes Red easier to work with couldn't have come at a better time. I'm really impressed with Avid's aggressive support of the Red.

Hopefully this will also light a fire under Apple's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Great news from Avid.

Now you can directly access and edit RED files through AMA, without transcoding (images are scaled to HD frame size). Work directly with RED using the newly improved AMA. With Media Composer 5, AMA (Avid Media Access) has been completely reengineered, so you can work natively with more file-based media formats now and in the future. With the new and improved AMA, you can speed up RED workflows by directly accessing RED files (.R3D) in Media Composer without having to prepare them through MetaFuze (all footage is scaled to HD frame size). Plus, you have access to its full metadata and color management data too.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Medi...tware/features

Jim
    WOW! A post from you Jim about Avid support.

This is welcome change from the Red user group days at Kappa Studios when the subtext of what Ted was saying was "Avid? Avid? We don't need no stinking Avid."

THANK YOU!

If this works like it is supposed to, I think this is a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT. As an Avid guy, this is probably the biggest announcement for the week. One of the biggest advantages that Final Cut Pro had over the Avid was that you did not have to transcode the footage for basic editing and could cut using proxies. At first, I didn't think it would be such a big deal transcoding RED footage to the mxf file format that Avid required. However, after an hour of 4k took almost twenty hours to transcode in RED Cine-X, I was positive the only way to go was to buy a RED Rocket card which I couldn't afford. I understand that the preferable way to do things is to still transcode out of Cine-x with the color correction abilities and the faster editing speeds, but this gives us an option to actually view dailies in the Avid system and start making initial cuts without the long transcode times. I have been waiting for this moment since the RED cameras first came out. I'll reserve judgement until I see it actually work, but for now. GOOD JOB AVID, GOOD JOB RED!

10.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Moretti View Post
    WOW! A post from you Jim about Avid support.

This is welcome change from the Red user group days at Kappa Studios when the subtext of what Ted was saying was "Avid? Avid? We don't need no stinking Avid."

THANK YOU!
    Avid has been very helpful with getting MXF DNxHD support in our tools and it's fantastic to have R3D support now directly in MC5.