one red hater dp`s statement was...
"how much does it cost?
"so you have this proxy thing, this redmode thing, and if wish i can get less compressed footage with SSD`s, right? How much does this cost?"
all under 40k...usd
"and i really can make it the size of a canon or a 435?
"fuck, why should someone pay 100 000k for something different?"
I'm happy to hear about Avid being onboard now, I guess I spoke 30min. too soon haha.
It would be great if Red can have that same kind of co-op with large companies when it comes to implementing hardware on their cameras/AKS, and not just post production. Which is the only cooperation from others that I see you guys doing currently.
The real question will be, do we let the agency have access to the wifi? If yes, be prepared to answer why they can't access their emails and facebook as well.
more and directors are walking nervously around, much easier with an ipad..hehe
but its perfect for all departments
1) What is the limit of simultaneous streams that the module can handle?
2) In addition to "live streaming", can you stream any clip from a CF card? Multiple clips? Is this managed by a web interface?
3) Is there an open API to be able to write our own interfaces for this?
4) Does the streaming server support time displacement so you can jump to a point in a timeline? ie: start=XXX
5) I'm wondering if Red has plans for using modules like this beyond the camera itself? for instance, the ability to drop this module on the Red Station in some way, and have it transcode media while copying between storage devices? That could be just as huge from a workflow perspective especially where its not practical to have this module on the camera itself.
6) Can the module be used off the camera to provide access to stored media? ie: Stream clips from a Red Station.
just to clarify, I understand camera modules use something like PCIe as a backplane and the red Station doesn't use this. I'm suggesting a possible Red Station Module that has the ability to connect a Camera module and includes the typical esata, FW800, USB2 connections of a red station module to interconnect with the other media modules.
7) In places where em interference or lots or network traffic make wifi impractical, can we assume streaming access is also available over gigabit ethernet?
Last edited by Grant_Wood; 04-11-2010 at 01:28 PM.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|