Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Proxy Module...

Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cüneyt Kaya View Post
    i talked today with some directors and dops about the proxy module, they just went crazy when seeing the possibility of using ipads to watch on set and dailies.
    Same here, just finished discussing it, and also posted on an other MF photography forum, love this times of technological advancements.

one red hater dp`s statement was...

"how much does it cost?
    2500 usd
    "so you have this proxy thing, this redmode thing, and if wish i can get less compressed footage with SSD`s, right? How much does this cost?"
    all under 40k...usd
    "and i really can make it the size of a canon or a 435?
    Yep
    "fuck, why should someone pay 100 000k € for something different?"
    red is not a color, it's a camera.

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    in MC, where, give me a link, where?
    http://www.avid.com/US/products/Medi...tware/features

I'm happy to hear about Avid being onboard now, I guess I spoke 30min. too soon haha.

It would be great if Red can have that same kind of co-op with large companies when it comes to implementing hardware on their cameras/AKS, and not just post production. Which is the only cooperation from others that I see you guys doing currently.

i talked today with some directors and dops about the proxy module, they just went crazy when seeing the possibility of using ipads to watch on set and dailies.
    It's really going to be funny to watch a director with a 17" & 26" Panasonics in front of him choose to watch the shots on an iPad.

The real question will be, do we let the agency have access to the wifi? If yes, be prepared to answer why they can't access their emails and facebook as well.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Roy View Post
    It's really going to be funny to watch a director with a 17" & 26" Panasonics in front of him choose to watch the shots on an iPad.

The real question will be, do we let the agency have access to the wifi? If yes, be prepared to answer why they can't access their emails and facebook as well.
    We'd call it REDpad just to be non standard and it won't have email or web :)

more and directors are walking nervously around, much easier with an ipad..hehe

but its perfect for all departments
    red is not a color, it's a camera.

Can the proxy module stream the "live feed" (camera recording or not) as well as have "takes" playable off the HTML server?

How much delay in a live stream?
    Jonathan Smiles
    Digital Production Supervisor & Consultant - UK, Europe & Worldwide
    RED Tech, On Set Colorist, 3D Tech, DIT, Data, Workflow for Editorial/VFX/DI & 3D
    Credits: District 9, Red Riding 1983, Jack The Giant Killer 3D, Rafta Rafta, Green Zone, Anonymous, Vampire Killers, Unnaipol Oruvan
    Mercedes Benz SLS AMG 3D, Edge of Empire 3D, TT3D, London Eye 3D
    IMDB, LinkedIn, Facebook
    Tel +44 7966 014163

Quote Originally Posted by Deanan View Post
    We'd call it REDpad just to be non standard and it won't have email or web :)
    Hey if it gets agency producers out of my tent, I'm all for it, brother.

10. #140 Streaming features 
    1) What is the limit of simultaneous streams that the module can handle?

2) In addition to "live streaming", can you stream any clip from a CF card? Multiple clips? Is this managed by a web interface?

3) Is there an open API to be able to write our own interfaces for this?

4) Does the streaming server support time displacement so you can jump to a point in a timeline? ie: start=XXX

5) I'm wondering if Red has plans for using modules like this beyond the camera itself? for instance, the ability to drop this module on the Red Station in some way, and have it transcode media while copying between storage devices? That could be just as huge from a workflow perspective especially where its not practical to have this module on the camera itself.

6) Can the module be used off the camera to provide access to stored media? ie: Stream clips from a Red Station.
    [edit]
    just to clarify, I understand camera modules use something like PCIe as a backplane and the red Station doesn't use this. I'm suggesting a possible Red Station Module that has the ability to connect a Camera module and includes the typical esata, FW800, USB2 connections of a red station module to interconnect with the other media modules.
    [/edit]

7) In places where em interference or lots or network traffic make wifi impractical, can we assume streaming access is also available over gigabit ethernet?
    Last edited by Grant_Wood; 04-11-2010 at 01:28 PM.