Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Proxy Module...

Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Its better to have useful broadcast module something like Apple Pro Res 422/444 or DnXHD 185 rather than H.264.
    Thanks
    G.Balaji
    Digital Cinema Designer (from Shoot to Delivery)
    www.gbalaji.in
    gbalaji@gmail.com
    Ph: 91-9840224733
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/gopalbalaji
    Film Credits: Margazhi Raagam, Thiru Thiru Thuru Thuru, Pookisham, Tamil Padam, Ethirmarai, 180, Vazhakku EN 18/9, Thangameengal,Vallinam, Spanish Masala (Mal), David (Hindi), Thupakki, Thaandavam, Vallinam, Thangameengal, YAYA, ONE (Telugu), Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam, Ithu Kathirvelan Kadhal, Golisoda...

Quote Originally Posted by Deanan View Post
    Native R3D support is also growing rapidly in alot of apps.
    There'll be some very cool announcements at NAB.

However, h.264 support (and other codecs in the works also) will open up alot flexibility for a variety of devices and workflows.
    Okay, I expected too much in the wrong direction then, great to hear about other modules and I forgot about H.264 being useful for rushes on mobile devices. We are so used to handling proxies from the raw R3D. Probably I got misled by the word "proxy".
    Kaku Ito/rawesome!

Epic-M DRAGON, Epic-x x2, RED ONE MX, Motion Mount PL, Motion Mount EF, Canon Ti Mount, RED PRO Prime Set, Zeiss Lenses, 17-50mm RED Pro Zoom, 18-85mm RED Pro Zoom, RED ROCKET X, x3 RED ROCKETs, DaVinci Resolve, Cubix, Quadra 5000, Fully loaded New Mac Pro with Sonnet Echo Express III/R, few Mac Pros, few MacBook Pros, Sony BVM-D24, Sony 84" 4K TV, Panasonic 65 " Series 12 plasma, Calman with Klein probe.

Rawesome! One Stop RAW Visual Production Service

Quote Originally Posted by gbalaji View Post
    Its better to have useful broadcast module something like Apple Pro Res 422/444 or DnXHD 185 rather than H.264.
    You'll notice that JJ said the H.264 module is the "first" of a number of proxy modules - I imagine a Pro Res one is just round the corner (take that Arri! )
    David Wyatt

http://www.4klondon.com/

4K London for Epic-X & Mysterium-X Red camera rental, DIT services & post-production. Tel: +44 (0) 207 220 2857

I'm not sure if Red will be able to do a ProRes module. That requires them to get into bed with Apple. And last time I checked Red doesn't get into bed with anyone because they are "The Rebellion" and like going it alone redefining everything as they go.

Arri on the other hand is known for their collaboration with other companies: Zeiss, S.two, Codex, Keisoku Giken, Fujinon, Sony, and Apple. I'm sure I'm missing a few too. Red doesn't have these kind of relationships with anyone really...

Quote Originally Posted by Blaire Johnson View Post
    I'm not sure if Red will be able to do a ProRes module. That requires them to get into bed with Apple. And last time I checked Red doesn't get into bed with anyone because they are "The Rebellion" and like going it alone redefining everything as they go.

Arri on the other hand is known for their collaboration with other companies: Zeiss, S.two, Codex, Keisoku Giken, Fujinon, Sony, and Apple. I'm sure I'm missing a few too. Red doesn't have these kind of relationships with anyone really...
    I don't know that that is true. Jim is a fairly famous Apple devotee - (see another thread with mention of an article that talks about it.) And if I recall, they collaborated early on to get red one support (albeit 2K max in the editing portion) in Final Cut Studio.

I think a lot of people are frustrated that Apple hasn't implemented 4K yet or done a significant update to FCS. Some think it is because Apple is iphone/ipad obsessed, but I believe that is more of a timing thing in that they are essentially rewriting the entire suite in 64 bit mode (plus maybe incorporating functionality from Shake) - which is a huge task, and it is just coincidence that the RED phenomenon happened as this major transition.
    Save the Sharks
    Red #206/Epic-X Stage2 Now shipping Epic U/W housings - accepting orders - contact us. U/W housing for REDONE - for sale or rent. Check out our new Aero3D™ mirror/beamsplitter rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.

Is that why Avid just announced native R3D support in Media Composer/AMA today? Or Apple Color, DVS, Filmlight, Sony Vegas, Quantel and a huge list of others also support R3Ds directly?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanan View Post
    Is that why Avid just announced native R3D support in Media Composer/AMA today? Or Apple Color, DVS, Filmlight, Sony Vegas, Quantel and a huge list of others also support R3Ds directly?
    in MC, where, give me a link, where?
    red is not a color, it's a camera.

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    That requires them to get into bed with Apple. And last time I checked Red doesn't get into bed with anyone because they are "The Rebellion" and like going it alone redefining everything as they go.
    RED took about a month before we even had a product to cement an incredible official relationship with Apple. It took ARRI about 20 years :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    RED took about a month before we even had a product to cement an incredible official relationship with Apple. It took ARRI about 20 years :)
    He he..

i talked today with some directors and dops about the proxy module, they just went crazy when seeing the possibility of using ipads to watch on set and dailies.
    red is not a color, it's a camera.